Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - see, the darkness (fall)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

M A E V E

- ✦ -

T
he fireflies distract me for a moment. It makes me think to where Momma Zahra took me where we danced with the light-butt bugs. But that had also been where she left and here we were. It's kind of sad now that I really think about it. I'm thankful for the flowers and leaves that appear too (from his magic, maybe?) because at least these moments haven't been ruined. I've got good company and really tasty fruit- what more could I ask for?

When he tells me his name, I just kind of stop and stare at him blankly for a moment. Whoa! I've been talking to the King this entire time? I start to feel self-conscious and hope that I haven't said anything stupid or rude. Momma probably wouldn't appreciate it if I had. I also don't expect him to call me noble, so it really makes me tongue-tied.

"Oh… I.. um.. wow!" is all I manage to get out after a couple minutes. I clear my throat; now I'm sounding stupid. It makes me feel a little better that he tells me to call him by his nickname. It's like we're already good friends and I don't have to worry about being all formal and proper. I haven't had enough practice for that anyway.

I watch him take a few more grapes and I follow his lead (mainly because they just taste so good and I'm going to miss them). He talks about more special places and my ears perk. Suddenly all my worries about him being a Very Important Person drift away. "Oooh! Yay!" I say with a few hops in my step.

I'm feeling really happy (and honored) to have made such a cool friend. I know I'll have so many great stories to tell Momma once I get back home. For now, I follow Po through the meadow with my heart racing in anticipation for this new adventure.

§

she listens to wind secrets
and echoes of distant star songs

« r ; art » | @Ipomoea I love them so much ahhh

Messages In This Thread
see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 07-24-2020, 07:22 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 07-24-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 08-09-2020, 12:21 AM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 08-27-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Maeve - 09-15-2020, 09:31 PM
RE: see, the darkness (fall) - by Ipomoea - 09-28-2020, 10:47 PM