Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - somewhere, the lions roam | party

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 35
Signos: 125
Inactive Character

tagged
@Anandi 

credit
link
And somewhere lions roam, quite unaware,
in their magnificence, of any weaknesss.
The first thing that strikes me is her beauty. There are few women I find beautiful; but every so often there is one that tempts, in a way Eve tempted or Pandora opened, and I cannot help the smile that falls guileless across my lips. There is no extra flare or excessive angle; she wears her headdress frill as I do my scimitar horns, and the pale grey of her trim figure reflects the moonlight like a blade, cool and pointed. That depends, she says, as she drinks, her eyes on me.  On who you are? 

My attraction to men is in their regal softness; the emotion that flits behind hard panes of expression; the lines of muscles; the need to protect and be protected, reassured, held and sent on.

My attraction to women is always to devour. A strange hunger, drunken and ignored, that rises unbidden. My smiles takes on an edge, crooked up at the corner with the scar. “Torix.” I do not lie, only shorten. Her eyes are bright with unshed laughter, and I realise the admission of my name falls a little lamely on the cool night air. It has been so long since I have played the part of entertainer, flirtatious and confident. 

I remember, briefly and with bitterness, the night of my coronation. It had been after Bondike told me the truth of himself, but before I had confessed that truth to everyone else—and all night, those crimson eyes had followed me as I danced, and laughed, and took Dagda to bed out of pure, burning spite. 

I don’t let the memory colour my expression. I toss my own drink back instead and say, “Trust me.” A twitch at the edge of my emerald eyes; an almost smile. “I’m worth knowing.” 

I hear whispers behind us as a pair of girls walk onto the patio. Isn’t that Anandi? The Emissary of Dusk? They giggle, high and bright and juvenile, and I send a flippant glance over my shoulder toward them. When I turn back, the smile is burning-bright. I know nothing of her. But I pretend to. Tsk, tsk—the Emissary escaping her royal duties?” 

There is a small, whispered detail from black markets and city squares and dockyards that is escaping me—

What was it, about her, that I should know?

Right now, it doesn’t matter. She holds herself like royalty, like a charmed princess; I wonder why, and nearly ask. Instead, I offer: “Tell me, Emissary, what’s the most reckless thing you’ve ever done?” And there is laughter unshed in my voice; laughter unshed in my eyes. And that damnable smile that I know offers, charming and insufferable, whatever it is, I can show you better. 

« r »

Messages In This Thread
RE: somewhere, the lions roam | party - by Anandi - 08-16-2020, 09:48 PM
RE: somewhere, the lions roam | party - by Vercingtorix - 08-20-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: somewhere, the lions roam | party - by Anandi - 09-03-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: somewhere, the lions roam | party - by Anandi - 09-20-2020, 10:26 PM
RE: somewhere, the lions roam | party - by Anandi - 12-18-2020, 01:03 AM