Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - what else was in the woods?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 84 — Threads: 16
Signos: 525
Inactive Character

kissed my penny and threw it in
prayed to keep my soul

I
t's nothing to kill a child, a simple thing, and one needn't be a god to do it. It does not require magic, nor any great force. The children, the children who come from the night, from the shadows, they told her how they died. One forgotten, two wandered too far, three fell, four from war, five murdered, six, seven, eight. It is nothing to kill a child. Elliana knows this best. And still she smiles to stranger who could take her out of existence in a moment, and she explores, and she looks at the world through rose colored glasses, while those shadows loom behind her, aching to be heard with words of a caution to a blue eyed little girl, with a heart too big.

A tentative smile grew on her face, and those blue eyes shined a little brighter. Her head tilts like a little bird as he speaks, encouraging him for an answer. “I suppose not.” Is all she offers him, though it is not so easily accepted inwardly. She thinks if he were a deer they would be just the same, and they would be friends and have adventures together. Just like in her books. But as it is, he is no deer—though Elli knows they will be friends despite this setback.

“Only in my books,” she murmurs softly with a roll of her slight shoulders. “I saw some have antlers like you, and some do not,” she points out, comfortably settling beside him as if she has known him for ages. “Why?” She questions him, expecting him to have the answers. (He looked so very much like a man who has answers).

Blue eyes watch the gems as they sparkle in the sunlight that manages to break through in the forest. She hesitates for only a moment, her mother reminding her not to take things from others, especially strangers. But the instincts her mother tries so hard to instill in her are gone in one blink of forget me not eyes. She tucks it away inside blonde locks and whenever she shifts that delicate head, it pops clear for just a moment.

His map is filled with intricate lines, and Elli is amazed by the way they weave and draw, but she is a girl of colors and art and so she cannot help but find there to be something missing. “Oh please, can I?” She asks him, looking down once more at the map and envisioning a scattering of colors around the outside. “What’s your favorite color?” And this is perhaps the most important question that will be asked all day.

“You keep a look out for the deer, okay?” She asks of him, a simple responsibility, but in her eyes it may be viewed as one of the largest she could ask for. She moves, as light as a butterfly across the forest floor, keeping pace with his slowed steps. “I’m Elliana,” she says. “How do we know where to look for deer?”

@Septimus elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
« r »

Messages In This Thread
what else was in the woods? - by Septimus - 08-16-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: what else was in the woods? - by Elliana - 09-02-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: what else was in the woods? - by Septimus - 09-02-2020, 11:38 PM
RE: what else was in the woods? - by Elliana - 09-14-2020, 03:56 PM
RE: what else was in the woods? - by Septimus - 09-16-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: what else was in the woods? - by Elliana - 10-05-2020, 11:09 AM
RE: what else was in the woods? - by Septimus - 10-22-2020, 06:21 PM