Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I am in love with my sadness [date]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

elena

« ♡ »

happiness is a butterfly, we should catch it while dancing
E
lena grew up with the most magical of stories. Of kings gilded in gold, of queens who were as beautiful as they were sharp, of love between them that was as easy as rainfall and as uncomplicated as sunshine. 

But she sees what these stories are now. The golden king haunted by shadows of war, the queen of swords held an aching heart in her chest, and love is never easy, even when it should be. And that breaking is easier than it looks when your entire heart is as fragile as a glass menagerie. 

A girl like that is bound to get broken. Someone had said when they thought she was not around to here them. 

But Elena is still here.
Still here despite the way she has always throws herself recklessly into romance

She offers a sweet calm air about her as her blue eyes are wide and watching, beautiful as she glitters in her gold skin and pale hair. Her heart swells in her chest, painfully beating against her ribs, and there is something like a smile that finds her lips. It is brief and brilliant and her thin face glimmers a little more brilliantly in the afterglow of it. ‘Glistening and golden,’ her Aunt Cherish used to say she was. 

“It is more likely they will sleep the day away tomorrow,” she says with a laugh. “Those two will stay up the entire night counting stars,” she says with a slow, sweeping blink of blue eyes. Yes, small girls really and truly can be something so very precious. 

Elena follows the girl (her friend, she likes to think now) in stride as they search for the warm drinks that wait for them. “Perfect,” she says with a warm smile that melts snow and ice. “Nothing is better than stories over a warm drink,” she says as she reaches for two mugs and the two settle in. “And I have one for you,” and she smiles wide, unable to harvest her joy inside words. “Have you heard the story about a king who could bend the wind to his will? It’s a good one, I promise you.”

(notes: aaaaand fin.)

@Sereia elena speaks
« r »

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
I am in love with my sadness [date] - by Sereia - 08-22-2020, 12:27 PM
RE: I am in love with my sadness [date] - by Elena - 12-20-2020, 10:56 PM