Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- a million dreams are keeping me awake

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Azrael

azrael

For all the light in the heavens, Azrael could not have found the peace he finds now in Elena’s embrace. She is warm and vibrant against him, even as her heart finds itself broken and conflicted, healing with every brush of his lips against her, chasing away the darkness of Tenebrae’s shadows with the tenderness of his touch. He marvels at the way Elliana fits between them, his light shining along her sealy-brown chest, engulfing her in the magic of starlight which even Tenebrae’s darkness could not extinguish. It is this turquoise glow against her which is the symbol of his hope, and the stallion can barely contain a smile which edges at his lips as he buries them into Elena’s mane, dragging the scent of her into his lungs as if he could never get enough of it.

They might have stood like this for minutes or hours, time losing all sense of meaning in the strange world of mirrors and fates, his sigh the only sound to meet the emptiness as it mingled with her assurances. Together. she offers, and it is enough.

Promise me, she whispers, and he scoffs at her next words. “Have faith, Elena… for I have no intention of letting either of you go again… how could I leave you when I’ve waited for you my entire life. When I’ve dreamed of you, and you alone… I am yours for as long as you will have me.” And they stand together, while night fades to morning, the first brush of color edging away his stars with a renewed sense of hope. For though they might be broken, their family would grow stronger together, would heal together.

“Come then,” he urges, stepping toward the light of the outside world, away from the magical island which had reunited them once more. “For in the light, we can find our way once more.” And he leads the girl of sunshine and her child from the darkness and toward home again, hope renewed and burning as strongly as Elena’s light, prepared to face the world together.

“Speaking.”
credits

@Elena

Messages In This Thread
a million dreams are keeping me awake - by Azrael - 08-25-2020, 01:02 PM
RE: a million dreams are keeping me awake - by Azrael - 09-02-2020, 03:18 PM
RE: a million dreams are keeping me awake - by Azrael - 09-20-2020, 01:53 PM
RE: a million dreams are keeping me awake - by Azrael - 10-06-2020, 04:45 AM
RE: a million dreams are keeping me awake - by Azrael - 11-04-2020, 04:39 AM