Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - hazy shades of winter [ milena ]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Solstice

S O L S T I C E
and at last i see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted
Winter had come to Novus, and with it, a curiosity had risen in Solstice.  She had been here a short while now, and had marveled when summer turned to fall.  The leaves had turned to gold and red, and with them, her heart had become even more free and unburdened.  Gone was the doe-eyed nervousness which always made it seem like the girl was prepared to flee, and in its place there is a quietly blossoming confidence as she begins to know herself, her desires, and her thoughts (now that she was able to have thoughts of her own).

A soft smile teases at her lips as she reaches with wonder toward the silver snowflakes that dusted Delumine’s meadow.  It was so different, she marveled, this world once covered with wildflowers now cloaked in white.  There was a beauty to the winter, Solstice decided, even if it brought a shiver of cold.  She stretches her wings to capture as much sunlight as possible, pastel hued feathers ruffling in the winter’s breeze as they longed to fly – but the mare stayed grounded as she always had, too afraid to leave the earth, wondering all the while if they would be scouring the skies to find her.

She stays for a bit in the wide expanse of meadow, before turning toward the tree line and tracing the path toward the library.  It was a place she went often, and as she ducked beneath the arched boughs, Solstice purrs with contentment, as awestruck now as she had been the first time she’d laid eyes on it.  Books were tucked in the nooks of trees, filling small alcoves and large rooms carved into trees alike.  Solstice weaves in and out of the maze of hidden rooms, gathering her favorite books to read them for what seemed like the thousandth time, humming as she went.

As she bustles from place to place, her stack grows taller and her mind begins to wander to the stories within their pages.  So lost in her thoughts is the girl, that her surroundings seemed to fall away.  She turns, nearly into another patron as a gasp escapes her lips and her stack of books jostles and weaves.  “Omph, sorry!” Solstice offers a sheepish smile with her apology as she blinks at the stranger.  “I really need to watch where I’m going…”

― @Milena

Messages In This Thread
hazy shades of winter [ milena ] - by Solstice - 09-01-2020, 02:06 PM
RE: hazy shades of winter [ milena ] - by Milena - 09-13-2020, 12:41 AM
RE: hazy shades of winter [ milena ] - by Solstice - 10-11-2020, 03:34 AM