Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - belovingly cold

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 123 — Threads: 14
Signos: 520
Inactive Character

some memories never leave your bones.
like the salt in the sea; they become a part of you
- you carry them.

He will know when he meets Danae how they are twins, how strange magic blooms like death at their will. In the moment when he realises, as he meets this girl’s twin, he will think not just of how they are so utterly similar, but how they are so different too.

Leonidas knows he will not die here, today. He knows it is not his time because Time whispers it over his skin. Not yet it says. Ever a young, curious boy he thinks to ask it, If not now then when? but Time does not let him know things like that. Such things are for his mother alone to know. She is the one who can travel Time and its magic. She could take him to the place where he dies and he would look, curious, to see whether there is a girl with blood red skin and crimson-wanting eyes stood over him with death upon her lips and stained down her horn.

“It is not my time to die.” The boy says as she presses closer. He thinks of all the unicorn girls he has met: each one has pressed their horns upon his antlers and carved their warnings deep into his tines. He wonders if he bears the mark of them all now, like runes, pointing to the old, dangerous magics of unicorn girls born into war and death and justice. 

This unicorn girl, she steps closer and closer. He lets her come, finding stillness, almost as if she is an enchantress, her eyes a form of hypnosis. His blood sings for her, his heart beats wetly in her chest and he wonders, at his end, how much blood he would spill at her command. Leonidas does not deny her his corpse for her war. He does not deny her anything but his death today.

Her horn presses against a tine. They meet with the sounds of swords upon a battlefield. He is used to this noise, it has become the music with which each encounter with a unicorn girl is danced to. Like metal to metal their horns cry out when the girl presses harder and steps in. “I do not doubt it,” Leonidas whispers to her like a lion whispers to a tiger. “I will give you my death.” The boy whispers, as if his life is not his own, as if he speaks into a fate he knows nothing of, that he cannot help except fulfill. “But you will have to chase me for it to the end of days.”

The boy leaps away from her. He is nimble and lithe as he leaps over leaves and brush and disappears into the woodland. All the remains is the song of their horns that resounded like the chimes of war. Leonidas wonders if he has made a shadow of her, if the death he lost when he gained immortality has been replaced by this girl, who will hunt him, darkening his spine, her teeth, her ravenous hunger for his death biking at his heels. He would wait for her, his little death and make space for her upon his road of immortality until the day he trips, until the day he looks at her with soft eyes and she leaps at him with sharp teeth and his death held fast between her jaws.

@Isolt <3
“Speaking.”
credits

Messages In This Thread
belovingly cold - by Isolt - 09-04-2020, 07:37 PM
RE: belovingly cold - by Leonidas - 09-06-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: belovingly cold - by Isolt - 10-09-2020, 04:11 PM
RE: belovingly cold - by Leonidas - 10-23-2020, 02:38 PM
RE: belovingly cold - by Isolt - 10-30-2020, 06:37 PM
RE: belovingly cold - by Leonidas - 11-06-2020, 06:07 AM
RE: belovingly cold - by Isolt - 11-09-2020, 10:05 PM
RE: belovingly cold - by Leonidas - 11-12-2020, 02:03 PM