Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Where There's Smoke

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Semper [PM] Posts: 8 — Threads: 3
Signos: 700
Inactive Character

someone said true love was dead

W
inter had her bony fingers wrapped tightly around the lands of Novus. Although I had been referring to this land of many wonders as my home for such a short while, I could tell that this was only the start of the peak of this frozen season. It would be a few months at least until the thick coat covering my body could be shed and the world could begin it's rebirth.

I had left my place of birth to search for a land that would be able to educate me further in the arts of medicine. Although I was considered quite talented in my homeland, even I wasn't too proud to admit that the skills learned from the elder medics there were primitive at best. I could easily inform you which herb could solve ailments, and I could stop you from bleeding out on my floor if that were the case. But I feared my skills reached a fairly abrupt end after that. This was made quite clear as I watched my father slowly and painfully die from the wound festering in his shoulder. A brisk breeze wove it's way through my heavy winter coat, shaking me free of the memories of the past.

While I used the memories in order to remind myself why I was subjecting myself to living in a place crawling with other beings rather than happily living alongside my mother and younger siblings, I still disliked dwelling on the thoughts when there was so much to learn still. Though I had found myself in the lands of Novus roughly a week ago, I still hadn't ran into any of the natives here. I still hadn't braved traveling any closer to the different "courts" of these lands. The solitude was nice in my snow blanketed plain land, but I knew that the time was growing closer that I should venture out of my self-isolation and seek out those who I could benefit from.

A cloud of steam billowed before me as I sighed and shook the snow from my coat. Long, lean limbs stretched before stepping out from under the small cove of trees I had been standing under. Perhaps if I attempted to make myself more...noticeable, rather than clearly separating myself from the world, someone from these lands would come along and teach me the ropes with these different courts. Then I could make a decision to immerse myself into this strange population.
speech
« r » | « image » | tag; @Aghavni & @Seraphina | words;411 | notes:I am sorry, I am so rusty. It'll get better I promise

Messages In This Thread
Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 09-17-2020, 09:49 AM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 09-19-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 09-25-2020, 04:41 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 09-28-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 10-07-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 10-18-2020, 11:27 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 11-01-2020, 01:48 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 11-07-2020, 04:53 PM