Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Where There's Smoke

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Semper [PM] Posts: 8 — Threads: 3
Signos: 700
Inactive Character

someone said true love was dead

H
er mismatched gaze settled on the fire-y gaze of the black stallion as he spoke of his newness to these parts, a gaze that in a lesser being would have surely caused some discomfort as it appeared the silver mare was better at keeping her emotions off of her face than most others. Torin was less than bothered by it though, he was almost thankful for the lack of judgement that he had decided to hide and wait like a mare on a claiming ground rather than venturing out on his own to find his way. Rather he spoke up once again when the silver nodded her head, as if thinking over the last words that had fallen from his mouth. "My homeland is more like a nomadic village in comparison to the tall walls and storybook castles that seem to litter these parts." A chuckle worked it's way out of the black as his mind drifted back to his home, their shelters were rudimentary at best in comparison to the palaces and buildings that seemed to glitter in the sunlight that sprouted up from the ground in these lands, he imagined that his younger sister would love to see the region as it would fill her head with fairytales.
He couldn't help but notice the slight hesitation when she replied regarding the status of their doctors in this land she calls Solterra, and again he found himself wondering what the history on this mare was who stood before him. Torin wondered if she had been a great warrior before being given the burden and responsibility of creating life, or if she was a sheltered wife who had gotten the chance to go out for a wandering walk when she bumped into him. Something about her stoic-ness made the new comer believe that the warrior option was more likely, but the obvious discomfort in her response to congratulations, and the fact that they hardly knew each other's names prevented him from diving any further into the mare's life story.
"There are a few. But there is always a need for more - the desert is dangerous." Fire-y eyes shifted away from the mare, looking out over the wintery wasteland he had been lurking about, Torin pondered the thought of a desert. The warmth would be welcomed, and it would be quite different from the lush green hills that he had been raised on but as of yet it appeared that this would be his best bet to continue learning more about these strange lands. "Solterra sounds like an interesting place, and it would remove me from these flat lands for a while at least..." he laughed before continuing with his thought. "Unless you have other business to attend to...would you be opposed to showing me the way? I fear my knowledge of these parts is severely lacking."

speech
« r » | « image » | tag; @Seraphina | words;483 | notes: woo sorry for the sudden change in writing style, trying to see if this works better for me, it at least helps bump that word count up some xD

Messages In This Thread
Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 09-17-2020, 09:49 AM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 09-19-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 09-25-2020, 04:41 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 09-28-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 10-07-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 10-18-2020, 11:27 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Torin - 11-01-2020, 01:48 PM
RE: Where There's Smoke - by Seraphina - 11-07-2020, 04:53 PM