Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Alone in the wild

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan thought back to the day at the sea, remembering that he’d been out for a swim in the warm water.  It had been his slice of heaven, if only for a short time.  And in this wild world, it was the only ocean he’d see.  He missed it, the smell of the salt, the cry of the gulls.  It was the sea that called him home – the sea that soothed his soul.  Sighing a bit as he remembered the happier memories he’d had at Eirhelm and Neverland, he offered the unicorn a whimsical sort of smile.  ”I grew up by the water.  Since before I can remember, I’ve always lived by the sea.  And, I feel most comfortable in the water… less awkward.”  For Pan was certainly clumsy on his feet.  Poking at his scales, he added, ”Plus, I think maybe I’m part fish… not sure.  I never met my dad, but maybe he was a merman.”  It was, at least, a nice thought.

The boy was pleased to learn that he wouldn’t get in trouble here for looking for Solis.  Everyone he’d met so far in Delumine had the same story to tell – that he should experience everything and make his own choices.  It was a mantra he wanted to live by, and perhaps it is this freedom alone that keeps him here.  After all, he hadn’t had much time to make new friends yet, aside from his beloved Florentine (and even she didn’t live in the Dawn Court).  

”Where do you suppose we can learn about the gods?  I haven’t seen many teachers, or even many books.  But I want to know more…”  Looking toward the highest peaks, he contemplated over Charlemagne’s suggestion that perhaps Oriens would show himself to them.  ”We should go and ask on the mountain – see if we can get Oriens to talk with us. Maybe that’s why I never saw Solis, because he wasn’t mine to see… but if we can give Oriens something to please him, I’m sure he’ll be happy with us.”  Rifling through his satchel, he drew out a round nugget of Pyrite, watching the way the sun flashed from its cube-like surfaces.  ”Perhaps something shiny, like this… see how the sun hits it?”  For in Pan’s world, there was nothing as apropos to show his appreciation as giving a gift.  At least, they had to try.  

”I’ll go with you, if you want… to the mountain.  I don’t know how to worship right, but maybe there isn’t a right and wrong way?  Maybe if we talk to him, he’ll come.”  He had to hope.

Taking one step, then two toward the mountain, he turned back to see if his new friend would follow.

Pan
Dawn Court
character © Firefly; html by castlegraphics; image by alexlibby

@Charlemagne

Messages In This Thread
Alone in the wild - by Pan - 08-05-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Alone in the wild - by Charlemagne - 08-08-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Alone in the wild - by Pan - 08-12-2017, 01:15 AM
RE: Alone in the wild - by Charlemagne - 08-15-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: Alone in the wild - by Pan - 08-20-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: Alone in the wild - by Charlemagne - 08-23-2017, 03:12 PM
RE: Alone in the wild - by inkbone - 08-24-2017, 03:25 AM