Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Alone in the wild

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Charlemagne

“I can understand that. I always felt most comfortable in the library…less awkward.” His smile then is a little wry, thinking of the unfortunate interaction with the white-blue stranger in Delumine’s library. That had been the direct opposite of less awkward, and he wonders what his haven might be, now. Perhaps he would have none, and would only have to accept his awkwardness.

But there are better things to dwell on, now, and he can’t help but come nearer when Pan points out his scales. With a ‘may I’ sort of look, he brushed his muzzle light as a whisper against a section of scales, wondering at the strange-to-him texture of them. When he withdraws again, retreating a polite few steps, it’s with a considering expression but a brightness in his eyes. “Maybe he was. I wonder how he met your mother? Perhaps they had a great and tragic romance.” He smiles at the thought, however farfetched; it reminds him of some of the books he’d read, of star-crossed lovers who couldn’t be together.

Though perhaps that was unfair to Pan - being a child of such a relationship might make it seem not nearly so romantic or desirable.

His ears perk at the other boy’s question, and he wonders just how much Pan had known about the Dawn Court before deciding to join them. Perhaps not everyone had heard of their great knowledge - but that was a reputation Charlemagne was happy to share. “The library at the Dawn Court is vast, and they’re known for their scholars…though there do seem to be fewer of them than I imagined. But I bet any answers could be found there.” There’s a strange reluctance tugging at his heart at the thought of returning so soon to Delumine’s ivy-covered walls - the day was so lovely, the meadow alive, and the chestnut felt freer here, away from the castle. It makes Pan’s suggestion all the more tempting.

He draws near again with the pale colt draws out the mineral, and the way the sunlight glances over its many-faceted surface does indeed make him think of the dawn. “That’s a wonderful idea,” he says, and means it - why shouldn’t a god want a gift? He only wishes he had his own to give.

Pan’s offer makes him smile, and shrug one dappled brown shoulder. “I don’t know how to worship at all. Maybe your thoughtfulness will make up for both of us.” With a glance at the mountain in question - not so intimidating, from this view with the summer lush around them - Charlemagne follows with both hope and caution.

@Pan wanna post on the Peak?

charlemagne*

image © unsplash

Messages In This Thread
Alone in the wild - by Pan - 08-05-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Alone in the wild - by Charlemagne - 08-08-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Alone in the wild - by Pan - 08-12-2017, 01:15 AM
RE: Alone in the wild - by Charlemagne - 08-15-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: Alone in the wild - by Pan - 08-20-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: Alone in the wild - by Charlemagne - 08-23-2017, 03:12 PM
RE: Alone in the wild - by inkbone - 08-24-2017, 03:25 AM