Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - in palimpsest old buried wanderings,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

M A E V E

- ✦ -

W
hen Momma told me about the island, she said it was like a jungle. There was grass as tall as trees, nearly blocking out the sun as they swayed in the breeze. Her magic changed too and she could manipulate water instead of fire. She told me it would be fun to explore and I wouldn't have to worry about her fire appearing suddenly. She knows how scared I get, although I'm trying to be better about it.

But when we made it here, it didn't look at all like the magical land she told me about. Instead, it looked and smelled like death. The caves were dark and menacing, everything seemed to be made from bone. I've never seen anything more terrifying in my life.

Then we were separated.

It all happened so fast. We were together and then something happened where the sun was gone (although I'm not totally sure that was the sun). I lost track of where Momma was and I couldn't smell her because of the strong death smell. I wandered around blindly until the light came back, but by then she was gone. I thought I heard her voice in the distance, but I couldn't figure out what direction it was in. I tried to scream for her, but I think my voice got lost in this place. It's like the monster swallowed it up in a big yawn.

So I've been wandering since. Everything in me feels tired and scared and hurt. My throat is so sore from trying to call out for Momma and my eyelids are heavy from how much I've been crying. It all just took so much energy out of me and… I… just want… to…

I jerk my head awake. No, I can't sleep here. I don't know where here is. I don't know what's here or where Momma is. If I fall asleep, I'm afraid I'll never wake up. I don't want something to gobble me up when I'm not looking or for Momma to finally get close but I don't hear her.

My legs are trembling as I cross the bone bridge. I look up at the large ribcage and it feels like I'm really walking into the belly of the beast now. Only this looks like a lost city- maybe what used to be a Court but was eaten by the monster. Somehow there are other horses here, but they shoo me away or shake their head when I ask if they've seen Momma. No one knows her here. I'm doomed.

So when I see a woman made of the night sky and stardust with magnificent wings, my eyes grow wider. I'm desperate, so I come up to her with hope in my eyes and more tears.

"P..please…" I start to say, my voice so raspy from my sore throat. "Do you know where the Regent of Night Court is? Morrighan? She's-" I have to cough. My throat hurts so, so much. "She's my momma. I just want to go home…" I feel defeated and so tired. I just want to find Momma so we can curl up in the coziness of our castle, not whatever this place is. I never want to be here again.

§

she listens to wind secrets
and echoes of distant star songs

« r ; art » | @Warset

Messages In This Thread
in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 10-10-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Maeve - 10-12-2020, 09:21 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 10-18-2020, 07:14 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 09:30 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 10-30-2020, 08:06 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Maeve - 11-06-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 11-09-2020, 09:03 PM