Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - in palimpsest old buried wanderings,

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

M A E V E

- ✦ -

T
here is something different to the way this lady comforts me. It's not a motherly kind of comfort, definitely not like how Momma is with me. Still, it's not entirely bad and I appreciate her being nice to me.

I'm admiring her wings as she lifts one to then wipe a tear from my cheek. The way she glitters like a starry sky is so mesmerizing to me. I start to wonder if she might be a Shed Star because she looks just like how they've been described to me. Plus, I'm always a little jealous of those born with wings. I dream of flying and soaring high above the sky, looking down on the world like my hawk does. It would definitely help to have that ability now when I've been so lost.

"T-thank you," I stutter when she says she'll help me find Momma. Finally, someone who can help me. It feels like a relief and so I let out a deep breath I didn't realize I was holding.

She walks into the castle and I follow her, feeling that fear creeping in again. "Do you think she came in here?" I ask, curious if she might somehow have stronger senses than me. I know that if Bram were here with me, he'd be able to pick up on scent trails in no time, but I'm assuming he's wherever Momma is.

"My name is Maeve by the way. What's yours? Where are you from?" While this place terrifies me and I don't like the way my footsteps echo here, I try to stay positive. At least now I'm no longer alone.

§

she listens to wind secrets
and echoes of distant star songs

« r ; art » | @Warset

Messages In This Thread
in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 10-10-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Maeve - 10-12-2020, 09:21 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 10-18-2020, 07:14 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 09:30 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 10-30-2020, 08:06 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Maeve - 11-06-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 11-09-2020, 09:03 PM