Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - in palimpsest old buried wanderings,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

M A E V E

- ✦ -

T
his castle isn't like the one at home, not even close. As we walk through, it feels like it's a living being that we've walked into the mouth of. I don't know if it's my eyes tricking me, but it looks like the walls are breathing. It's so freaky and I don't understand how this lady isn't as weirded out as I am. She just stretches out her wings like she's getting comfortable. I cringe, but hope that maybe this means she really can help me.

I don't understand what she means- why would everyone want to come here? Is there some treasure in here that I don't know about? If so, that makes sense since everyone loves treasure, but otherwise I have no idea.

Warset, her name is exotic just like how she shimmers like the night sky. She says she's from far away and I wonder if maybe that's why she looks like a billion stars. I almost want to ask, but instead she asks me about Momma. I figure this is probably more important anyway, so I save the question for later.

"Oh yeah, she loves me a lot. She's probably worried sick right now… I feel really bad, but she's definitely looking for me. I just have to figure out where she's been looking," I explain, trying to stay positive that we'll find each other after all this. I don't want to be stuck here forever, it smells funny.

Actually, it didn't smell funny before. I don't even know how to explain it, but it's such a strong stench that it makes my nose crinkle. "Do you-" I start to ask Warset if she notices it too, but I'm cut off by the screeching of something. Then around the corner comes the scariest demon I've ever seen. It looks like it's made of shadows and nearly fills the entire space in front of us. Then I see the pearly white of its many teeth and its many eyes glow hungrily at the two of us.

I gulp. I want to scream and hide behind Warset. I hope the pegasus made of stars can fight for me since I don't know how to. I want to do a lot of things, but I'm frozen in fear instead.

§

she listens to wind secrets
and echoes of distant star songs

« r ; art » | @Warset

Messages In This Thread
in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 10-10-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Maeve - 10-12-2020, 09:21 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 10-18-2020, 07:14 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 09:30 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 10-30-2020, 08:06 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Maeve - 11-06-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: in palimpsest old buried wanderings, - by Warset - 11-09-2020, 09:03 PM