Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - All in a Day's Work

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Eerie [PM] Posts: 6 — Threads: 2
Signos: 460
Inactive Character

Nicodemus

Curiouser and curiouser...

L
ike a ghost materializing before his very eyes (minus the sudden bang of the wooden door against the equally wooden wall), the apparition of a mare stood before him. Nico startled at the sudden company, his nervous limbs acting before he could process. He kicked over a stack of books in his surprise, only furthering the mess he had created. 

"Help? Help with wha-?" The mule began before the shrill cry of a much smaller animal cut through the air. He peered down, only then noticing the small creature she held close. Close enough for it to have latched onto her flesh at some point recently. Nicodemus admittedly cast a glance to his notes, the pages long since ruined, with a soft sigh. He returned to the mysterious mare and her mysteriously injured rabbit. 

"I-I see. Bring it here then, I suppose I'll have a look," The young equine neighed quietly. He toed carefully over his stacks to then start to clear a walkway for his guest. He gave a half-hearted chuckle as he quickly pushed things aside and hoped it didn't look as uninviting as it did. He'd really let the place go, hadn't he?

"Apologies for the claustrophobic nature, nary do I receive visitors," Nicodemus chuckled anxiously, trying to lift the oppressive mood that was permeating the space around them, "I-I don't garner much foot traffic at all actually." The mule started towards the flight of stairs at the back of his abode, only to turn back towards the lady and what he presumed to be her pet. With his foreleg stood upon the first step, he beckoned.

"This way, Miss. I'll be able to take a closer look with some of my tools up here," He wasted no time scampering his way up the rest of the way, his hard hooves clacking against the aged planks that creaked in protest each time the two met.

"Oh, and uh, d-do watch your step. It'd be a bit of a nasty fall," the chocolate brown stallion added, peering his head down through the opening in the ceiling above, "N-not that I would know of that or anything of course!" With his rapid fire addendum, Nico pulled his head away from the stairwell before disappearing into the attic above.

@danaë

Messages In This Thread
All in a Day's Work - by Nicodemus - 10-11-2020, 08:12 PM
RE: All in a Day's Work - by Danaë - 10-13-2020, 04:57 PM
RE: All in a Day's Work - by Nicodemus - 10-13-2020, 10:10 PM
RE: All in a Day's Work - by Danaë - 10-17-2020, 07:41 PM