Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the phoenix and the ash [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

It's a new world, it's a new start
It's alive with the beating of young hearts

I'm actually feeling a lot happier now that there's a familiar face here at the festival. It's been fun so far and being able to spend time with Momma, but there are just so many people. All their faces are strange to me or there might be someone I think I kind of know, but it turns out they're someone else.

Even when Nic feels bad for not sending me a letter back, it doesn't bother me. I'm just happy to be spending time with her again. I shake my head and nudge her shoulder playfully. "It's okay! It is kind of weird, but I'm sure you'll get used to it soon. I can help you too, if you need. I mean… I'm still getting used to writing but I can give it a try," I offer, although maybe it's not that helpful of an offer. Still, I mean it.

"I'm glad to see you too! Sorry they're not here though." I feel bad for her since I know how important it is for her to find the heir. She must be looking all over Novus at this rate, so he must be really good at hide and seek.

Thankfully, we don't have to dwell on that too much since she offers for me to paint her after all. My smile returns, bigger this time, and I start to draw swirls on her skin. "Yeah this is new to me too, but I think it's pretty cool! We had a festival at home in the fall where we all dressed in costume so it feels kind of like that. I just don't have to worry about wearing anything over me," I say through my painting, but then I'm silent as I try to focus. I'm thinking about the waves of the sea and some of the spirals I've seen people draw of the sun. Art is still new to me, but I try my best to paint what I can see in my mind. I think about how the sun shines down onto the water. I don't let it cover her too much in case she doesn't like it, but it's at least a little scene across her shoulder and part of her spine. It brings me back to the lady named Mercy I met by the lake who was painting the mountains. She would be really good at this.

When I think I'm done, I take a step back to admire my work. I'm not feeling super confident and my ears fall back a little. "Well, there's a puddle over there you might be able to use to see how it looks in the firelight. If you don't like it I can change it?" I really hope she likes it though.

I set my paintbrush back down with the other supplies and then get down on my knees next. "My turn!" I wonder what sort of things she might paint on me.

« r ; art » | @Nicnevin not sure what made me think of the ocean on a sunny day but it seemed pretty haha

Messages In This Thread
the phoenix and the ash [fire] - by Nicnevin - 10-23-2020, 02:19 PM
RE: the phoenix and the ash [fire] - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 09:34 PM
RE: the phoenix and the ash [fire] - by Nicnevin - 10-27-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: the phoenix and the ash [fire] - by Maeve - 11-06-2020, 10:24 PM