Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - under the skin, against the skull [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 2
Signos: 270
Day Court Youth
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 506 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: Literary Animation & N/A  |    Bonded: Dandelion (Sky Lion)

I think I might be scared of the world and the way it makes you feel afraid and how it gets in the way

I don’t notice the boy watching me (at least, not on a conscious level), which is probably for the best. If I thought somebody was stalking me, I think that this whole thing would be a lot worse. If I thought that somebody was following me, even out of curiosity, or some sense of kinship, well. I would probably dissolve into the crowd and really lose myself.

I do, however, about jump out of my skin when he speaks from behind me. I turn around, attempting to settle my heart. As though it weren’t already racing before. “Sodium...” I say, trailing off as I look at him.

I realize that I do recognize him, but I’m not sure why. I had to have seen him in the crowd. “Sodium makes yellow,” my voice wavers slightly, as I glance between him and the fires. “It’s the flames. The colors depend on what they’re burning; plants, minerals, bones. It just… depends.” Even though I know he might not care, talking about it calms me down. Knowing always calms me down.

His skin is dark, and dappled, and his eyes are like steel or a cloud-filled winter sky. His hair is ivory, fair, but perhaps most interesting of all are the crimson red markings all over his legs and his wings. Paint? Tattoos? I don’t know. But focusing on him makes me feel better.

Focusing on something other than being lost in a crowd without either Diana or our mother slows my heart, and makes the breathing come a little easier. “I—I’m Ambrose,” I’ve never been much good at conversation. I’m much more comfortable at home, with my books and a little bit of quiet. But maybe I can do this, even if it’s just until I find my family.

« r » | @Aeneas

[Image: 27092483_OXKc9V3WJVpPTMw.png]
we start with stars in our eyes
we start believing that we belong

Messages In This Thread
RE: under the skin, against the skull [fire] - by Ambrose - 11-02-2020, 03:08 PM