Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - under the skin, against the skull [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 2
Signos: 270
Day Court Youth
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 506 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: Literary Animation & N/A  |    Bonded: Dandelion (Sky Lion)

I think I might be scared of the world and the way it makes you feel afraid and how it gets in the way

I don’t say anything when the other boy tells me he didn’t know the things that I was telling him. I read a lot more than I should, for someone my age. Sometimes I think my mother worries about it, about how I spend more time with books than real living things.

Books are just easier. They don’t judge, or stare. They are always there.

“I read it in a book, once,” I tell him, when he asks, “I remember pretty much everything I read.” I’m being humble, and I know it. I remember everything, somehow. Everything I’ve read, or seen, or heard. It is stored in my brain, waiting for me to simply pluck it from memory. Perhaps that is why I like books so much, because I am always learning something good from them.

I don’t know his name, even though I can’t possibly know that he’s worried that I might. Maybe if we lived in the court, and not in our little cavern outside it I would know more about the rest of the world. But I don’t. That is the weakness to books, I suppose.

“It’s nice to meet you, Aeneas.” I smile, a little weakly, as I watch the faint light around him shift from red to gold. Curious. Some sort of magic, if I had to guess. I’m far more interested in the mathematical chances of both of us having twins, and meeting each other. “I’m from Solterra. I have a twin too, but I came with our mother. We’re supposed to be looking for her actually.”

I shrug my shoulders a little bit, and am suddenly feeling lost again. “I got lost in the crowd,” I hold back a sigh, lifting my chin a little bit as I attempt to appear braver than I feel. Not knowing that he knows everything that I feel. Every black tar emotion drudging through me.

« r » | @Aeneas

[Image: 27092483_OXKc9V3WJVpPTMw.png]
we start with stars in our eyes
we start believing that we belong

Messages In This Thread
RE: under the skin, against the skull [fire] - by Ambrose - 11-16-2020, 03:54 PM