Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - (summer) moonshine got me;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

some women fear the fire
some simply become it

It throws her off just how much his words resonate with her. When Morrighan first arrived in Novus (or rather, was thrown here thanks to a portal), she had to figure everything out again. Back in Ourania, she had already been well established within her kingdom as a force not to be reckoned with. But here, she had nothing, not even her fire for quite a while. She had to figure out who she was and who she could be here again. Some days it even feels like she's still sorting it out and things never feel quite enough.

Her trust in the man isn't enough to confess this sort of thing, so she says nothing. Instead, she snorts at his comment of being at a low point. "Just a bit," she says, recalling how it looked like he had been trampled over one too many times. He'd be smart not to make those mistakes again.

Then there is Maeve, a girl so young that she truly hasn't seen the darker parts of the world. The island introduced her to some of it, but as much as Morr wishes that to be all of it, she knows it's not. Her daughter has yet to experience grief and heartbreak. She finds herself agreeing with August in that hopefully all that will come much later. It's important for her now to have as much time to just be a kid because pretty soon those years will be far behind. Morr isn't even sure if she's ready to see her daughter grow up.

She had been lost in her thoughts when August's question shakes her out of it. There had been a somewhat sense of calm over her until this. She tenses again and shoots August a look of disgust. "Mother," she corrects him, although it's not his inaccuracy that bothers her, it's that she doesn't like to be reminded of Maeve's other parent. "And she's gone. The wolves can have her for all I care."

Did she mean it? Probably. For Maeve's sake, maybe not. Although Morr certainly spent way more time with their daughter than Al'Zahra did, she knows that Maeve loved them both. Even when Al'Zahra abandoned Maeve on purpose and didn't even try to be discreet about it, their daughter didn't hold a grudge. She still asks about her sometimes and tries to make sense of it all. Morr tries so hard not to let Maeve's mind wander too much. It breaks her heart.

"Her name was Al'Zahra. I guess Maeve didn't mean enough to her," she mumbles, unsure if she should even be saying this much to August. But she does anyway, mostly because she will always be bitter about it and will use any chance she has to vent when Maeve is out of earshot.

"Speaking."
credits

@August welp, maybe it's time for Morr to find out about Al'Zahra's other lovers (or at least one) HAHA

Messages In This Thread
(summer) moonshine got me; - by August - 10-24-2020, 11:20 PM
RE: moonshine got me; - by Morrighan - 10-28-2020, 10:49 PM
RE: moonshine got me; - by August - 11-14-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: moonshine got me; - by Morrighan - 11-16-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: moonshine got me; - by August - 11-23-2020, 04:57 PM
RE: moonshine got me; - by Morrighan - 11-27-2020, 01:13 AM
RE: moonshine got me; - by August - 12-05-2020, 10:24 PM
RE: moonshine got me; - by Morrighan - 12-06-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: (summer) moonshine got me; - by August - 12-24-2020, 01:57 PM