Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - painting flowers for you [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

I should find fire beautiful. Momma does and so many others do too. I can tell by how they are laughing and smiling by the bonfires. Some are throwing things into the fire from pouches and it makes the flames change color. I should be fascinated by that, but I'm not. I'm terrified.

I remember the way the sparks came up out of nowhere on the island. I had been so scared already but then I did that. I made fire appear like Momma can. I've admired her for many things, but not her magic. That was the last thing I ever wanted to get from her, but I got it anyways.

So I still turn away from the flames and try to hold in my tears. I want to be strong like Momma, but not angry or destructive. Fire can get out of control so easily and I never want to conjure it again. Anything but that.

There are paints and jewelry setup in stations where the meadow meets the woods. Momma is in view, but she too is entranced by the flames. I know she doesn't want me going too far, so I stop here and figure I may as well paint. I've seen others painting themselves in elaborate colors and designs, so I can try it too. I use the reflection from a nearby puddle to start painting a flower on my cheek, but then I hear something in the woods. Out of the corner of my eye, I think I see something with wings. I can feel my ear twitch. Everything in there is too dark so I can't figure out if I imagined it.

Although, I've never forgotten the pegasus boy I met in the markets or how he wanted to show me his places in the forest. Is this one of them? He must be so scared with all the noise from the festival.

"Leo? Is that you?" I whisper to the trees. That way if it is him, he won't get so much attention drawn to him. Part of me hopes I'm right and I can have a friend distract me from my thoughts.

"Speaking."

« r ; art »

@Leonidas <3

Messages In This Thread
painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 10-26-2020, 06:58 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 11-05-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 11-06-2020, 08:55 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 11-16-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 12-08-2020, 03:08 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 12-27-2020, 10:18 PM