Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - painting flowers for you [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

And just like that, it is him, the wild Pegasus boy of the woods. I’m glad that I was right because if it had been anyone else, I’d probably feel really embarrassed.

He looks more like he belongs here with the vines and flowers that weave through the tines of his antlers. It suits him, I think, being a king of the woods and I can tell the forest welcomes him. When he walks over to me, he is smiling and I think that suits him too. He nuzzles my neck and I do the same back.

"This is your home, isn't it?" I ask, happy to see him happier than the first time we met.

I like his nickname for me, although maybe I’m a bit of a contradiction being so scared of fire. "It was just a costume," I tell him, although in a way I feel a little disappointed. Momma had done a good job at that outfit and part of me wanted to wear it more often.

The paint on my cheek has dried, but I’ve seen others painting each other with different colors and patterns. I pick up a brush and push the assortment of paints towards him. "Do you want to paint them back on me? Just… don’t make them look too firey. I’m kind of scared of it…" I feel silly admitting this to him, especially when this whole festival is about fire. I love Delumine too much to miss out on it though. There is also that lingering feeling that my embers will come back to life at any moment. That scares me too.

I can hear children laughing and running behind us. When I turn, I see some of them jumping over the flames and my heart catches in my throat. I know fire doesn’t burn Momma, but it can do some damage to others who aren’t so strong. I realize then, that this noise must be awful for the woodland boy.

"I’m sorry, I’m sure this festival is really loud for you." Maybe I don’t need to apologize, but I feel like I should. Especially if these woods are one of those places he wanted to take me. Instead, it’s being trampled on by all the celebrations and the smoke in the air.

"Speaking."

« r ; art »

@Leonidas <3

Messages In This Thread
painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 10-26-2020, 06:58 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 11-05-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 11-06-2020, 08:55 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 11-16-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 12-08-2020, 03:08 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 12-27-2020, 10:18 PM