Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - painting flowers for you [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

I realize there is something wild about the way he smells too, like he's part of the trees and the earth beneath us. He's a feral creature crafted from it that walks among us like a horse, but he truly belongs in there, not out here with all the Courts. Although, I'm glad that he trusts me enough to be near me. I like spending time with him.

It's fitting too when he says he has no home. My heart sinks when he says that because everyone deserves a place to call home. I can't imagine not having that and a cozy place to sleep at night. I almost want to offer mine, but I know he wouldn't like it in the castle. There's even more noise in there sometimes than in the markets. I think back to just the day Elli and I were trying to save her lemur, it had been so chaotic. I guess maybe feral things don't need a home to be comfortable, they just like being free.

It might be why he doesn't see that I'm not a real phoenix. He's used to wild creatures running free like him, but I only did that for the festival. I'm no wild creature, I'm just… Maeve. I simply nod at him to prove that I'm sure.

He's not convinced even after I tell him not to paint flames on my skin. I laugh softly and just look at the way his antlers twist and turn up to the sky. I watch the way his wings rest at his sides and the way the fires bring out the ember color of his eyes.

I close my eyes as he paints, mostly so he doesn't get anything in my eyes by accident, but it's also a way of centering myself. Already the smell of smoke is bringing me back to my nightmares and I don't want to think about it. I only want to think about my friend and these peaceful moments together.

I don't want to be a phoenix.

I'm not sure what he's painting on me, but he seems to find a natural rhythm to it and so I let him continue. Thankfully, all the noise isn't scaring him off so I hope it doesn't for a while longer.

"Do you ever get lonely?" I ask him because I can't help myself. Even if freedom could be nice, feral beings must get sad from being alone sometimes. At least, I can't imagine it any other way. I don't do well alone anymore.

"Speaking."

« r ; art »

@Leonidas <3

Messages In This Thread
painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 10-26-2020, 06:58 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 11-05-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 11-06-2020, 08:55 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 11-16-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 12-08-2020, 03:08 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 12-27-2020, 10:18 PM