Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - painting flowers for you [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

I didn't realize how warm my body was until the paint meets my skin. It feels cooling, like a kiss from a snowflake or a bite from frosty air. Winter had its cruel and calm moments, but nothing about this feels uncomfortable as the season. There is a sense of calm washing over me with each brush stroke. Of course, there is still that temptation to open an eye just slightly to take a quick peak. I shouldn't though, I don't want to break his concentration. I'm sure he would want to keep it a surprise for the end.

Maybe I shouldn't be too surprised that he doesn't say much more than "yes" about being lonely. It could be a sensitive topic for him. After all, I don't know just why he's alone. He's never talked about a family and I've never asked. His family could've abandoned him and that's why he wanders the forest. It could be the only place that ever welcomed him. I feel sad now and hope maybe this isn't the kind of cruel life Leo has had to live. I want to offer him to live with us, but I know how he is with all the loudness of Denocte. Our forest isn't as dense or widespread as others in Novus, so I'm not sure if it would provide the same kind of comfort. I keep quiet either way because I don't know the best way to respond.

When he stops painting, I get worried that I still bothered him with the question, but then he speaks. His voice sounds different somehow as if he's trying to share confidence with me.

"You don't breathe fire now…"

This is what makes my eyes flutter open. He can tell how much my relationship with fire pains me and I almost feel like crying happy tears that he wanted to transform me into something else. I could tell he liked the phoenix nickname (it's one Tenebrae seems to like too, but I don't know if I ever will). But tonight, I can shed the name and be something else.

"You are a sea dragon."

I carefully walk over to a puddle nearby and look down. I am covered in shades of blue and in patterns like the ocean waves. I look like a child from the sea and its a stark contrast to my bright gold eyes and jewelry. I don't feel like it's me, but it could be. I could find a new identity for myself.

When I turn to him then, there are some tears welling up in my eyes. I can't help it, this really means a lot to me. "Thank you, Leo," I say and offer a smile as I walk back over to him. He feels like more than just a boy I met in the street, but like a friend. I just hope this time he doesn't get too scared and runs away.

Picking up the other paintbrush, I let it hover in the air between us. "Do you want me to paint you next?" I hope he says yes, but at the same time, I don't know if I can return the favor. Leo did such a good job with my designs, I don't know if I could do something similar. But then, it clicks in my head. I would see him like I see the woods in spring and fields of flowers. It makes sense, so I wait in anticipation, hoping he'll let me paint the forest on his skin.

"Speaking."

« r ; art »

@Leonidas <3

Messages In This Thread
painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 10-26-2020, 06:58 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 11-05-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 11-06-2020, 08:55 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 11-16-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Leonidas - 12-08-2020, 03:08 PM
RE: painting flowers for you [fire] - by Maeve - 12-27-2020, 10:18 PM