Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the wild unknown [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

i'm up against these things i can't see ;
they don't compare ; make me believe, make me believe

T
here is something about divination that's both interesting but intimidating at the same time. I've heard of the Shed Stars back in Denocte but Momma never let me meet them. She said it could be too dangerous, but they always seemed nice enough. They wore pretty jewelry and some had eyes that glowed like crystals in moonlight. One of them complimented me on my own jewelry as we went by, the chains and bangles that Momma Zahra gave me, but Momma Morr shooed me away. I think they can be too powerful and so she wants to keep me safe. I get it, but I've always wondered how someone could read things to predict stuff. I wondered if they could actually predict the future.

When Momma left me for a bit to be with Aspara, I knew this might be my chance while she's not looking. It seems the Shed Stars have left a deck of cards out for free use on top of a tree stump (at least, this is what it looks like to me). I'm feeling a little mischievous today, but also this will distract me from all the bonfires that surround us (and how I somehow made embers spark at my feet back on the island).

No, I really don't want to think about that. Although part of me is curious if the cards are powerful enough to tell me more about it... Maybe later.

For now, I start shuffling the cards and give a big grin to Aspara. "Let me tell your future!" I say but in a deeper, more ominous voice. I don't really know how to shuffle cards so some just start falling out of the pile and onto the ground. One falls face up and I peek down to read the words on it - "Death."

I gulp.

« r ; art »

@Aspara <3

Messages In This Thread
the wild unknown [fire] - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 05:08 PM
RE: the wild unknown [fire] - by Aspara - 11-30-2020, 12:35 PM
RE: the wild unknown [fire] - by Maeve - 12-13-2020, 08:34 PM