Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Fire] When the Night Sets In {Morr + Open}

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

- ✦ -

M
orrighan had been so caught up in her accusations that she almost missed the woman admitting she was wrong. She stops and looks at her in a bit of a shock. The mare had been so set before that her "kind" were so bad, so it's surprising how quick she was able to change her mind.

She almost laughs in her face as she begins to tell her story. Another contradiction- hating storytellers so much and yet she becomes one herself as she unravels it to Morrighan. There are some parts of it that she can understand as she can see the fear in Maeve's eyes whenever there's fire. That's partially because of her and the kind of wrath she's shown towards those who piss her off. It's why she tries so hard not to lose it here tonight because her daughter doesn't deserve to be scared again (especially not after the island).

So the Regent listens and the more she does, the more there are bits and pieces that she can relate to. A love that you feel so strongly about that your heart aches, only to ache even more when it falls apart. She thinks of Al'Zahra and how much of a disaster that had been. Maybe it's a good thing the woman didn't have magic because she could have been capable of so much more.

Then there are more of those accusatory questions and Morrighan is back to being irritated. She narrows her eyes while she waits for the mare to finally be done talking. Then she snuffs out her fire ball with a puff of her breath before speaking.

"Where I'm from, if you did not have magic, you were weak. I used my magic to save my life and my ass. It saved others' lives too in battle. Unlike you though, I don't feel like telling a stranger my entire life story," she says, rolling her eyes. Perhaps she's stalling and skirting around the truth of how dangerous her fire has been too. How her own daughter is afraid of the very thing and she has to be careful not to let it out in front of her. Sometimes it fuels her own impulses too and the wound on her leg starts to throb a little as if to remind her.

She doesn't bother to give the woman pity for what she went through. It doesn't seem pointful in this conversation and after all, it's in the past. There's probably no changing this mare's mind about all of this. "There are many in Novus who use their magic for good. If there weren't, then this world would look much different. We wouldn't be having this festival either. Who do you think lit all those bonfires? Who do you think created all the decorations in the meadow? Your very King can reach into the earth and bring to life as many plants and flowers as he wishes. Are you going to go against your sovereign and not trust him either?" Morrighan feels herself getting heated again and wonders why she's bothering so much with this conversation. There's nothing in it for her, but at this point, she just wants to get in the last word.

"You're in a world full of magic, so you're just going to have to get over it some day and put the past behind you."

i've lost a part of me ; tell your friends to sharpen their teeth
« r ; art » | @Meira

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Fire] When the Night Sets In {Morr + Open} - by Morrighan - 10-29-2020, 09:28 PM
RE: [Fire] When the Night Sets In {Morr + Open} - by Morrighan - 11-06-2020, 12:07 AM
RE: [Fire] When the Night Sets In {Morr + Open} - by Morrighan - 11-17-2020, 11:30 PM