Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fire] This Is Everything I want to Say

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 79 — Threads: 19
Signos: 440
Inactive Character

THIS MOUNTAIN'S POWER / LIES IN THE OPEN SECRET OF ITS REMOTE / APPARITION, SILVERY LOW-RELIEF / COMING AND GOING MOONLIKE AT THE HORIZON / ALWAYS LOFTIER, LONELIER THAN I EVER REMEMBER

He is relieved to find that he doesn’t seem to have startled her, sleep-dazed as he expects her to be. She tells him that she is enjoying the festival, and she begins to ask him the same question, but then she trails off, seeming to realize that she doesn’t actually know his name. “Septimus,” he says, a gentle smile settling on his lips. “I’m a scholar here in Delumine – and I’m quite enjoying the festival. The fires are beautiful.” And, though he’s seen plenty of beautiful sights in his travels, he means it; Novus is not the most fantastical or advanced land that he has visited, but it always seems to find ways to surprise him.

She introduces herself as Meira, a hesitant smile barely curving up the pale corners of her lips; he returns it, a bit more broadly. “It’s nice to meet you, Meira. Are you also from Delumine?” He notes that she said that she’d returned from Solterra, which means that she probably is – if she isn’t some kind of vagabond or traveler, that is. She asks after his jewelry, then, and he gives a little tilt of his antlered head, jewels resounding like chimes. The enchantment on his earrings doesn’t work in this land, and they can be a bit of a nuisance while he’s trying to work, but he can’t imagine being without them after all these years. “I wear them all the time.” His expression seems to soften. “They were gifts, so I try to keep them on.” Some of them were gifts, anyways – mostly from his relatives. The others he’d picked up along the way, and they were far less precious as a result; mostly, he kept them to keep wandering eyes away from the more sentimentally (and, in some cases, literally) valuable ones. His eyes creep to her earring, and then to the silver spires around her horns. “Do you always wear your jewelry, or are you dressed up for the festival?” It only seems fair to return the question.

She asks him, rather abruptly, if he would like to go take a walk with her on the seashore. If he is being propositioned, Septimus doesn’t seem to think much of it; thoughts of kelpies briefly cross his mind, and of the dangers of the coast at night, but he is quick to take her up on her offer. “Sure,” he says, easily. “I’m sure that the seashore is beautiful, this time of night…and it’s gotten rather smoky here besides.” It’s true – the trailing fires have left the night sky cloudy, and the scent of burning wood and incense is almost dizzying. With that, he gives a nod of his head in the direction of the shore, and another reassuring smile (because she seems terribly nervous), and he starts off across the meadow, towards the distant shoreline.

@Meira || he's definitely got very huggable energy, haha. <3|| denise levertov, "open secret"
Speech

@

AND RARELY, IF THE WOOD ACCEPTS THE BLADE WITHOUT CONDITIONS
the two pieces keep their balance in spite of the blow

please tag Septimus! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Is Everything I want to Say - by Meira - 11-01-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: This Is Everything I want to Say - by Septimus - 11-07-2020, 10:22 PM
RE: This Is Everything I want to Say - by Meira - 11-08-2020, 06:46 PM