Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dance with me [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court spy

P
erhaps I am.  She nods at the stranger’s words without admitting that she too was an outsider to Delumine.  Though she had been to the Dawn Court before, it had only been for events such as these.  While it wasn’t in her nature to be so open with strangers, Mephisto knew the value of diplomacy, and in the spirit of diplomacy, she stood ready to meet their neighbors (whether it was in her nature or not).  She offers a smile, relaxing slightly at the mare’s question.  For she did enjoy the music, even if she was hesitant to admit it.

"I’ve always had an appreciation for art,” she explains, "Though I myself am hardly the artistic type.  Still, there is much to appreciate in the music.”  She might not be dancing, but there is a certain lightness about Mephisto, one which she seldomly indulged, generally too on-guard to relax in the presence of strangers, much less take part in jovial festivities.  Still, her hoof tapped in time with the song, the drink in her grasp growing lighter with each small sip that passed her lips.

"It’s a pleasure to meet you,” she offers, "I am Mephisto.”  She dips her head slightly in a greeting bow before continuing.  "I’m sure you will find a place in Novus, it is a land of opportunity, with many different lands and cultures.  I come from the Dusk Court... Terrestella.  We take great pride in the beauty of our land, and are known for our healers, and even host a training hospital where other courts can come to learn the craft.

Tell me, where is it you’ve come from?  I was new here once too…”
 In truth, some days she still felt like an outsider, never quite buying into the magic and the gods of this world.  But she found it a place of beauty and wonder too, a place where she had been left to the freedom of her own choices.  And as she stands with curiosity edging in her small talk, the festival continues its lively celebration around them.

@Mephisto | "speaks" | @Zhavvorsi
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
dance with me [fire] - by Zhavvorsi - 10-27-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: {Fire} dance with me - by Mephisto - 10-27-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: dance with me [fire] - by Zhavvorsi - 10-29-2020, 09:05 PM
RE: dance with me [fire] - by Mephisto - 11-04-2020, 03:53 AM