Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - parasite eve

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

it's the parasite eve
got a feeling in your stomach
cause you know that it's coming for ya

My legs start to tremble under me as she gets closer and closer to me. I want to cry, but I have no tears left. If we really are alone, then there isn't even anyone I can cry out to. I feel more lost than I ever did before and I don't know what to do.

I just want to see Momma, or Bram, or Uncle Tenny, or Aspara- someone, anyone that I know and could get me out of this place. Or even someone who could just get me away from this monster.

That's what she looks like, but I don't tell her that. I am too frozen for words and her eyes on me are too crazed to likely take just any answer lightly. The way her tail blade taps on the ground reminds me of a clock ticking. It makes me feel like time is running out.

She doesn't tell me who she is, instead she asks who I am. There is no space left between us now as she looks down on me. I have never felt so afraid and alone before. This might be more of my nightmare than just simply fire.

Then she brings the blade to my chest.

At first, it feels cold against my skin and I think she's just being threatening. Maybe this is her home and we trespassed so now she needs to make sure we're not here to destroy it. But then she presses the point into my chest and I have more tears after all. I cry, I scream, but for some reason, I still can't move.

Who am I?

Am I just a girl who has nothing left? Am I just a girl who is going to die here in this place that pretends to be an island?

Who am I?

In the blink of an eye, embers spark at my feet and a flame emerges. It's nothing large, but enough to get me on my feet again. It separates me from her and the heat of it makes me forget the stinging in my chest. For a moment, I'm standing there staring at it but then I realize- I did that. I made the fire appear out of nothing.

My worst nightmare had never been fire itself and it isn't even this place with the monster. My worst nightmare has just come true and it's getting fire magic. The same magic Momma has and can do whatever she wants with. The same magic that can easily get out of control and destroy all in its path.

So I run. I run from the monster and the truth that's revealed itself. I run as fast as I can, to where I don't know, but I see a path to the castle. It's the only thing here that reminds me of home, so I run there. I'll run until my lungs and legs give out and tuck myself into the tightest corner. I'll close my eyes and beg to wake up.

I don't want any of this to be real.

I leave the monster and the fire I conjured behind. Hopefully forever.

"Speaking."

« r ; art »

@Isolt and done <3

Messages In This Thread
parasite eve - by Maeve - 10-28-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: parasite eve - by Isolt - 10-30-2020, 06:42 PM
RE: parasite eve - by Maeve - 11-04-2020, 11:27 PM
RE: parasite eve - by Isolt - 11-09-2020, 01:47 PM
RE: parasite eve - by Maeve - 11-20-2020, 10:20 PM
RE: parasite eve - by Isolt - 11-27-2020, 01:50 AM
RE: parasite eve - by Maeve - 11-29-2020, 10:24 PM
RE: parasite eve - by Isolt - 11-30-2020, 11:18 PM