Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - the girl in the garden (bonded quest)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Solstice

S O L S T I C E
and at last i see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted
She feels so alone, standing beside him and staring up at his eyes, hard and cold. But the stallion is not unkind to her, simply aloof. Not for the first time, Solstice reminds herself not to be the victim, closing her eyes to count her way through the fear with calming breaths once more. One. Two. Three. When she opens them again, she is visibly steadied, stretching her wings cautiously as she bites the inside of her cheek, unwilling to answer his question about whether or not it was frightening to her to be lost. Clearly, it was.

Solstice doesn’t want his pity, or to remain prey to his haughty looks for long, so she rises unsteadily to her feet and paces a few steps away. For a moment, the two are silent, but then she clears her voice to speak. “In either case, I’m glad you found me… I might have been lost for hours.”

Her gaze flickers warmer as color returns to her face. “What are you doing here, anyway?” He didn’t really seem the type to wander through a hedge maze, or to even take pleasure in a garden. There was something too… logical, about him. But, before she can ponder over the strangeties of the man, she hears the mew again.

The Pegasus turns to find the source, pressing closer to the thick vines of which twist around the trellis, searching but not finding. “Do you hear that?” There is a curious note in her voice, almost an excited whisper, fear forgotten as interest takes hold. Her searching leads her from this place, deeper toward the next turn in the maze, as she turns to see if the man would follow. “Is this the way you came from? Did you see anything?”

And there is a warm of kindness to her now, for the mare cannot stay annoyed for long. Her honey-brown gaze searches his face for some shred of humanity, wondering what emotions he might hide behind his scholar’s frown – wondering what he knows of Delumine, its garden, or its lore. “I’m Solstice, by the way…” she adds, as an after thought. “And you are…?”

― @Ceylon

Messages In This Thread
the girl in the garden (bonded quest) - by Solstice - 10-29-2020, 05:28 AM
RE: the girl in the garden (bonded quest) - by Solstice - 12-18-2020, 07:21 AM