Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - behind every shadow, a face [morrighan]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Azrael

azrael

He recognizes the hesitancy in her, to trust and to rely on another.  So the shed-star does not press her.  Instead, he watches her companion as he carefully and dutifully takes his place beside Morrighan, aiding her in ways that Azrael could not.  Perhaps in time, she would learn to trust him… for Azrael had already resolved himself to take a more active role in Denocte, to make his mark on the place for the better.  

When she speaks of the shed-stars, he simply nods… for the card readers tended to be what most thought of, when they spoke of the People.   “There are certainly those who fancy themselves seers, reading the tarot for those who are willing to pay to hear their fortunes.  For myself, I have never put much stock in fortunetelling.  Personally, I find it almost predatory, twisting the words to match what narratives a stranger might want to hear.”  Perhaps they gave false hope, he mused, to those who desperately sought answers.  As a party trick, it was fine… but too many had absolute faith in the practice, something the pragmatist in him had a hard time understanding.

For himself, Azrael preferred the stars.  They were predictable, and yet ever changing at the same time.  He could count the stars as they rose to the skies, follow their trails as they turned to morning.  With the seasons they would come and go, just as their kingdoms would change, but unlike the strife of man – the skies would never fall.  Even when his world had burned and those within it perished, the stars rose the next day as they had for thousands of years before.

The conversation shifts back to the matter at hand, and contemplation washes over him as he thinks back to the surroundings.  When he’d first arrived, Azrael had been struck by the emptiness of this place, drawn in by the magic and tuning the rest out.  As his mind wanders back over his wandering, he remembers aloud.  “I do remember seeing someone – perhaps it was your daughter… but before I could get a closer look, she was gone.  If it helps, she was heading toward the castle….”

He hoped it was enough, recognizing that she wanted to be left to her wandering and appreciated the solitude.  “I hope you find her… if you wish my assistance, I will see you back in Denocte… and take care of that leg.”  He offers a genuine smile, bowing his head before turning toward the Night Court, leaving the mare to her search as he makes his way home, away from the strange magic of this place.

“Speaking.”
credits

@Morrighan

Messages In This Thread
behind every shadow, a face [morrighan] - by Azrael - 10-29-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: behind every shadow, a face [morrighan] - by Morrighan - 11-03-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: behind every shadow, a face [morrighan] - by Azrael - 11-04-2020, 07:30 AM
RE: behind every shadow, a face [morrighan] - by Morrighan - 11-09-2020, 09:30 PM
RE: behind every shadow, a face [morrighan] - by Azrael - 11-12-2020, 02:10 PM
RE: behind every shadow, a face [morrighan] - by Morrighan - 11-17-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: behind every shadow, a face [morrighan] - by Azrael - 11-20-2020, 07:17 AM
RE: behind every shadow, a face [morrighan] - by Morrighan - 11-27-2020, 01:09 AM