Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - come with me where dreams are born

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

Pan shivers with excitement as his companion steps into the room, his grin wide and welcoming as he sizes up the boy.  There is something achingly familiar about him, but the scaled boy was certain he had never seen Leonidas before.  Still, he cannot shake the idea that something seems to call to him in the way the boy watches.  Perhaps there are some expressions which he makes which are reminiscent of Florentine, but Pan cannot put a finger on it, even as he shakes away the itching thought, focusing instead on the adventure before them.

“How does it show you?” he asks, even as the ink-and-gold Pegasus opens and door and tumbles through it, drawing a gasp from Pan as he steps incredulously toward the galaxy room, staring through its darkness toward Leonidas as he grows smaller and smaller in the distance.  Throwing caution to the wind (or what little caution Pan has, for he generally leaps before he looks), Pan steps into the darkness, allowing himself to fall down-down-down and letting the magic catch him as he squeals with glee.  "Wait up!”

He tries to run toward the second male, finding that his motion is more like swimming as he dances through the darkness.  Stars float around him, burning brightly as they light up the darkness and he makes his way toward Leonidas.  In his chest, his adventuring heart sings, as the boy stares breathlessly at endless sky.  He flops onto his back, letting his mane splay around him as he watches the stars for a moment, letting the wonder of it catch the breath in his throat as he tries to let the magic wash through him, telling him where to go.  He squints his eyes, trying to feel for the magic as his friend did, falling up short, for there is no magic in his veins.  

But there is adventure.

He takes a second glance at the nebula, filing it into memory before he turns regrettably from the splendor to find the next magic door.  "C’mon… I think I see something over here…"  He follows a shaft of light, growing as he nears and sees that the glow begins to build a door.  Reaching out, he fishes for the doorknob, finding it and pushing his way through into a room of blinding light.

For a moment, the boy can see nothing but the white hot light.  But as he blinks it away, he finds himself in a room filled floor to ceiling with diamonds.  Some are as big as a fist, others a fine pale sand, but prisms throw from every faceted face where the light meets it, painting the room with rainbow hues.  At his back, he feels the stranger emerge beside him, turning to stare at Leonidas with an excited expression on his face, eager to see what the second boy thought of such wonders.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

@Leonidas

Messages In This Thread
come with me where dreams are born - by Pan - 10-29-2020, 07:06 AM
RE: come with me where dreams are born - by Pan - 11-04-2020, 07:59 AM
RE: come with me where dreams are born - by Pan - 11-16-2020, 07:31 AM
RE: come with me where dreams are born - by Pan - 12-09-2020, 03:34 PM