Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 320
Night Court Merchant
Male [he/him/his]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

H
e knows shadow as he knows light, something to play games and laugh. It curls against his spine where the flames do not lick, it presses into his heart where the streets of varan have left him barren and cold. Ice. Ice. Oh how it burns so cruelly. And yet, he cannot feel its chill seep into the depths of his marrow, inching along his limbs until he is slave to naught but his gods alone and the selfishness that lives and breathes and flies within his beating, screaming breast. Alecto is alight with fire. He is hidden by the stars. When he came upon the tide of people it was dawn, and the day has waned and waned and waned. Solis, that is what they call the god of Daylight here, took his fire and swallowed it down into his belly. The next dawn would burst forth, but Alecto knows it is not by that god who is claimed to bring it.

He listens to the bard as their voice rises and falls, a wailing with the wind, a story of the days long past. Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, before even the gods of this land were born, there were gods even older than them. Creators. Those who gave birth to the deities beings of today know.

Alecto scoffs at it all inwardly.

These people know nothing of gods and their awesome power. They know nothing of those who are chosen by the gods for greater purposes as they are in his homeland. Those who are claimed to be gods here might be powerful and mighty, but they are little compared to the faith of his people. The story is interesting in the way that it is only that: a story with no foundation and no proof. What is nature but something born over time and shaped by the will of the world itself? He gives the performer only half a thought as he moves, imbued with all the graces granted to a star.

And oh, he is a star, he shines so brilliantly!

Skin of deepest night and loneliest star, eyes of molten sun filtered through honey wine, Alecto is a dream walking. Proud. Preening. Captivating. He is a meteor shower arching over the world as he moves through it - so easy to miss and so hard to look away from. With his own gravity field, he pulls you in closer and closer and closer and then launches away too quick to follow.

So he draws nearer to Meira, casting shadows on his skin as war paint, melting into them as darkness incarnate. Alecto knows what it is to burn just as he knows what it is to be so much a part of the night that you forget what you are, who you are, until the dawn should kiss you again. And the dawn is a wonderful lover, too.

Gold flashes and gleams, finds itself sliding along tapered limbs and angled horns. Blue flashes towards him, but he only raises a single brow.

”Are we playing hide and seek?” he inquires, drawing nearer to the woman who still smells so much of the sea than she’d like. The salt of her skin is still wild and fresh, just as her heart is still roaring with an undertow pulling it down.

§

Once upon a time, they say, there was a girl...there was a boy...there was a person who was in trouble. And this is what she did...and what he did...and how they learned to survive it.

« r » | @Meira

Messages In This Thread
[Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Meira - 11-01-2020, 02:51 PM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Alecto - 11-03-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Meira - 11-08-2020, 08:03 PM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Alecto - 11-10-2020, 01:10 AM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Meira - 11-10-2020, 01:25 PM