Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 320
Night Court Merchant
Male [he/him/his]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

B
right. So bright and knowing is the gaze that falls on her. The amusement that tickles it does not rear her lovey head, instead the unicorn’s head tilts to the side, just so. Antlers reach for the trees they so rarely touch. He does not sharpen his horns on bark that is only mortal. And those golden eyes that gaze into the night, into the heart of the girl who is the heart of the sea, are so knowing and so soft they could cut the skin of an elephant with just one pass.

His breath is gentle as it hums from his lungs, his voice is even softer when he again speaks up. Before, if it was a whisper between them, now it is barely more than a fetid gasp. ”You wish me gone,” and it is not a question but a statement. In its depths, there is no judgement nor condemnation, simply a fact come to surface, one he does not care to entertain.

Alecto shrugs his broad shoulders. What should it matter, truly, if Meira wishes him beside her or not? She turns from him and moves deeper into the darkness, hiding from the tide of the moon that would pull her into the open once more. Only after she settles, turning to lash at him with those blinding blue eyes, does Alecto bare his wolfish smile. A flash of charm, a hint of danger, something that would do well on the seas as some terrible and wonderful beast to prowl the coastline and devour any wayward ships and wayward sailors who thought it wiser to abandon their own than pull through a storm.

This is a man hungering. This is a beast on his mortal, aching leash.

”Lucky you, I don’t flee.” Prowling nearer again, the dragon-kin challenges the daughter of the sea, sweeping closer with a flick of his golden tail. He can smell the salt of her again just as she can taste the smoke that’s seeped into his hair from his time among the crowds.

They are not his people.

This is not the home of his heart.

But it is a place to live, a place to flourish. And so he does. He does.

Alecto’s brow arches when she snarls right back. There is little bite to her words, and only a laugh is drawn from his chest. It is full and rich, steeped in good humor and shadow. ”You think I’m hiding when you first came to the darkness?” With a shake of his broad head, Alecto tsks the woman gently. ”I think you’re good at running,” he confides, looking over her, assessing, breathing in the woman that she is and the woman that she wants to be.

Something, everything, is feral and barely contained.

She’s wanting.

They both are.

§

Once upon a time, they say, there was a girl...there was a boy...there was a person who was in trouble. And this is what she did...and what he did...and how they learned to survive it.

« r » | @Meira
As am I ;u; Meira is so interesting!

Messages In This Thread
[Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Meira - 11-01-2020, 02:51 PM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Alecto - 11-03-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Meira - 11-08-2020, 08:03 PM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Alecto - 11-10-2020, 01:10 AM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Meira - 11-10-2020, 01:25 PM