Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - spare my blood [race]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

When Elena had first come to Novus she had smelled of mountain air and pine forests like loneliness and sorrow. It had clung to her skin like a memory, an omen. And now she stands here, having lived in Novus longer than so many other places (long enough to fall in love, find magic, find immortality, have a child, and love her community) and now she smells of wild air, the kind that echoes the rain and wind and freedom. She smells like ocean and brine can feel the way the salt has dried her mane in tangling curls that lay against the gold of her neck. She warms herself by the fires. There is nothing she loves more than this, than bathing herself in the emotions of others as they sing, tell stories, and laugh with one another. The wind carries her thoughts high into the sky with the smoke rising. Her worries burn to ash. 

Those brilliant blue eyes watch as Elliana disappears into the forest with the other children. You will not race the fire, she had told her daughter. She should know better, she would have better luck telling the west winds not to blow. She walks through the fires, looking upon each as the flames flitter and grow as if delighted by the golden girl’s presence. Fire, it has always been more friend than foe. It had brought her to Tenebrae, the fire in her lantern had led her to that lake, and it had delivered her Elliana. 

The music of the festival feeds her soul and soon those feet are dancing between the flames and her body is as fluid as smoke. It may be a race, but Elena does not run, instead her dance is like blaze of flames, moving and shimming underneath the night sky. This is not the first time she has danced amongst flames. It is clear in the way she skips between the embers blowing past her on a new spring breeze. 

And just like that woman taught her that night in the storms, a night she cannot get back, she stands at the starting line and like wild fire, she readies herself to leap.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Official Dawn Account

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-01-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-01-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-02-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-02-2020, 05:38 PM