Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - spare my blood [race]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Light flitters in the corner of those blue eyes, other flames, other fires, and there are other bodies too, but she is so focused on the way her bodies hums and breathe that she can no longer tell the difference between bodies and fires—both of them are alive, so how does it matter any way?

The only interruption she finds is the sound a flute in the distance, it sing over the rest of the instruments, and Elena thinks, for a heartbeat, she must find the one that plays that flute. She almost leaves the race, almost leaves, until a flame flickers unbearably close to her, she feels the heat but no pain and her attention is focused once more.

They change colors, and Elena breathes out and she swears she sees flames, like the dragons in that city (that city that she will not speak of, that she will not cross a bridge too again—let the nightmares stay there and rot). And it is suddenly bright blue all around her. Like Lilli’s eyes, like Valerio’s, like her mother, her grandmother. And she wants it put out.

Let her go.

Let her run.

Let her race.

Strangers look at her, but they are nothing more that embers in the night, and she is looking far ahead them now.

Let her go.

Let her run.

Let her—

And she races off. She dives into the smoke as elegantly as the dolphin dives into the sea. (She can almost taste salt for a breath of a moment.) Once more, she does not run, she dances, in between each of them, Elena leaps like a ballerina, she twirls and twists, and sa shays. She has always meant to dance amongst fames. The smoke grows thicker, but she acts as though it were just ribbons extending from hands. They are nothing more than a part of the dance. It is why, when the walls of flames appears before her, it is not blocking her path, but opening its arms and Elena tucks her feet and throws herself.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Official Dawn Account

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-01-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-01-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-02-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-02-2020, 05:38 PM