Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - spare my blood [race]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Those bright blue eyes widen as she finds herself in the air and she realizes she is not jumping up and away from the fire, but like any great dance partner, it is the fire that is holding her up, holding her strong. The smoke fills her lungs and she does not choke, does not cough, but it floats her up, it makes her lighter. Smoke was just warm air, just remnants of fire, it was nothing to hate or to fear.

The flames reach up and catch the edges of her blonde mane, but it is nothing more that a wild caress, and Elena will hold no grudges towards it. Her thoughts echo when she lands. The smoke was just remnants of fire, it was nothing to hate or to fear, but shadows—they were another matter entirely. Shadows leaps out from the smoke. Shadows, it was always shadows. Elena wants to scream and she tosses her head as she runs, they take no shapes, they just reach towards her until suddenly, before her, he appears. Embers cling to him, and his eyes are bright like suns, suns he swallowed, but suns in his eyes all the same.

He stares at her and she does not move, they do not move. It is only when the embers start to fall, sliding onto her skin (it burns, she knows it is supposed to burn at least, but she cannot feel them) that he starts to dance. Elena knows then it is not him, just an imitation. The shadow man would never dance with her again—she would never dance with him again.

And she is running again, racing between the embers, racing any smoke and shadows that may try to catch her. Her heart pounds in her chest and the embers throw themselves to the side and blue eyes catch onto them, maybe that is the way she is supposed to go, she thinks, but then another horse appears as the smoke begins to part, and suddenly she has something to prove, suddenly Elena thinks, she might be able to win this race after all.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Official Dawn Account

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-01-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-01-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-02-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-02-2020, 05:38 PM