Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - be my lantern [race]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 84 — Threads: 16
Signos: 525
Inactive Character

keep a bluebird in my heart

The smell of vanilla and sandalwood perhaps would mean more to her mother than it does to her. Elli is not old enough to be reminiscent, and is so the case with the young. She is far too busy in the here and now, and thinking of adventures ahead. She skids by the flames as they reach out to grab her as if they were angry with her escape. Her lungs tighten inside her chest for a moment, her heart coils, but as she dives into the darkness, all she can feel is relief.

Then she is no longer running on shadows, but on stars. No, not stars—flowers. Blue eyes dar downwards to where her her feet come to rest and rise as she continues to skip across the ground, the heat of the fire is nearly forgotten in the brightness of this new adventure. This is when she feels them stirring beneath her feet and she slows to a trot, unsure of what sort of magic this is. (She has had so many dreams where the dead’s voices reach out of the darkness to grab her and she wonders if they are coming true.)

The fire returns, inside the forms of flowers. Elliana thinks of her mother and wonders if this is what she dreams about. A field of both flowers and fires. She wonders if this is why sometimes she wakes up with tears in her blue eyes.

And they grab her, they try to burn her, Elli lets out a startled scream before pressed onwards, trying to outrun whatever flames flitter against her skin. She runs now, moving fast, she this this must be how the fire walkers feel when they step across flames.

She knows she is bleeding, Elli does not have to look to see the blood, she can feel it, read flashes across her vision as she feels them press around her. She thinks of Aeneas, his wings, and she wants to fly away. She hopes for a half of a heart beat that he would appear to carry her away. They build a wall in front of her and all she sees is fire. So she takes a giant leap and dashes across to the other side.

Elliana

@Official Dawn Account

Messages In This Thread
be my lantern [race] - by Elliana - 11-01-2020, 09:15 PM
RE: be my lantern [race] - by Elliana - 11-02-2020, 11:15 AM
RE: be my lantern [race] - by Elliana - 11-03-2020, 09:15 PM
RE: be my lantern [race] - by Elliana - 11-15-2020, 10:35 AM