Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - be my lantern [race]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 84 — Threads: 16
Signos: 525
Inactive Character

keep a bluebird in my heart

They move and dance, she should be frightened, but she cannot be when there is magic exploding and writhing at her very feet. She is like fire, growing and running brazen in a field. Wild fire, deadly and dangerous. She has never thought of herself as such things before.

And then she is away from the danger and once more she is Elliana and her mouth is full of laughter, and a smile grows on her face. And the race is set before her, and she runs, she runs, she runs. The fires grow hotter, larger, she thinks, it does not quite burn her skin, but she wonders if this is what an ember feels like, buried beneath ashes, but still burning bright.

Lights erupt before her eyes, different from the flames, they are not so hot and challenging, but warm and welcoming. Those young legs rush forward, a leap erupts from her small body, as if in celebration, maybe not for winning, but for the sheer delight to be alive, as alive as fire and flames.

And suddenly, she feels the weight of her body and her eyes grow heavy, lids beginning to close. And suddenly she is flying. Flying high above the race, above it all. She thinks of Aeneas, looks over her shoulder with blue eyes, expecting to find him there, but there is nothing, only smoke.

Her mother finds her, after the race is over, sitting amongst the bonfires, her eyes closed. “I don’t wanna land, I don’t wanna land, I don’t wanna land,” she repeats over and over.

And in her mind, in her dream, in her vision, she floats up and up and up.

Elliana

@Official Dawn Account

Messages In This Thread
be my lantern [race] - by Elliana - 11-01-2020, 09:15 PM
RE: be my lantern [race] - by Elliana - 11-02-2020, 11:15 AM
RE: be my lantern [race] - by Elliana - 11-03-2020, 09:15 PM
RE: be my lantern [race] - by Elliana - 11-15-2020, 10:35 AM