Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - better than any trinket under the suns.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Malik

malik

« i've got more wit, a better kiss »

I
've been following her for a little bit now. Maybe that makes me sort of creepy, but there is something familiar about her. I can't put any words or memories to it yet, but I'm curious. I guess it leads to that saying of curiosity killed the cat because the farther I go into the belly of this island, the worse it seems to get.

There were things I saw after Raum's reign that made me sick to my stomach. I had already heard horrible things, but to see horse skulls among it just freaked me out. I know I'm a warrior and one by blood, but I'm a lot different from the boy who grew up to be who I am today. I don't really involve myself in that anymore and maybe because of how long it's been, it makes it that much harder.

I've never been to the island, but I've heard all the stories. How it changes nearly every season and the magic here is ancient, unique. It's certainly… something… as I had walked through the caves and seen the bridge of bones (or maybe it was an actual spine?). The empty storefronts were filled with different skulls, weapons and other darker things. Even this place is dark except for the very dim lighting I'm not even sure is coming from the sun. I'm not sure that I want to find out.

So when I saw her, someone too beautiful to be in this place of death, I knew I had to follow. I wanted to catch up with her eventually and not be a total stalker, but I didn't want to startle her either. When I do manage to catch up, it's my hooves against the stone stairs that give me away (although it looks like this is all made of bone too). She had been about to walk into the castle that looms before us until I had disturbed her and she doesn't seem too happy about it.

What have I come for? Well, I suppose that's a good question.

"Magic, treasure, you know, the usual stuff," I say, trying to seem nonchalant. Then, I get a little closer to her so that she might be able to see the glint in my golden eyes. "Maybe some love along the way." I wink and don't bother being subtle with that line.

I was going to wait to ask, but I just can't help it. The more I look at her and notice the intricate jewelry and braids in her hair, the more I just need to know.

"I… feel like I've seen you around before. Did we ever sleep together?"

« r » | @Amaunet

Messages In This Thread
better than any trinket under the suns. - by Amaunet - 11-05-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: better than any trinket under the suns. - by Malik - 11-07-2020, 10:09 PM
RE: better than any trinket under the suns. - by Amaunet - 11-10-2020, 08:10 PM
RE: better than any trinket under the suns. - by Malik - 11-23-2020, 11:36 AM
RE: better than any trinket under the suns. - by Amaunet - 11-23-2020, 05:54 PM
RE: better than any trinket under the suns. - by Malik - 11-23-2020, 10:18 PM
RE: better than any trinket under the suns. - by Amaunet - 11-27-2020, 09:13 PM
RE: better than any trinket under the suns. - by Malik - 11-28-2020, 12:31 AM