Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - catching cinders with our teeth (fire)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

we're climbing until we transcend
higher, higher to where the skies end

The sounds of the festival ring in her ears, but somehow, it doesn't bother her. There is a chorus of singing and laughter, mostly kids, somewhere farther away and the calm crackling of the bonfires. Before she would have scowled at how loud the kids were being and told them to settle down and go away. Now, she just sees Maeve in their grins and light in their eyes.

For once, Morrighan is content and she smiles.

Being a mother has changed her, but she doesn't mind. Even if loving someone destroyed her, she would not have it any other way because now she's truly not alone. Now she has Maeve.

Her daughter is off playing with some of the children, but she has tasked another Denocte soldier to keep an eye on her while Morrighan takes a walk. The festival has been an interesting experience to say the least. At first, traveling so far made her sick to her stomach and she hated not knowing her surroundings well enough. The longer she spent here though, the more comfortable she became and she realized it wasn't too bad. There were some horses she's met that she could've done without, but Maeve has been enjoying herself completely and that's what matters in the end.

So she looks out at the sea now after making her way to the shore. It's the same water as Denocte, but it still looks and feels different somehow. Maybe in a way, so does she.

The Regent can hear the faint footsteps in the sand that tell her she's no longer alone. When he speaks, she does not raise her fire in defense because she recognizes the voice instantly. She actually feels glad that he's found her.

"I can see why Maeve got so attached to this place. You have a beautiful home," she says, keeping her eyes on the sea and the rippling water. A light breeze caresses her face and it reminds her of home even just the slightest bit.

Perhaps it is out of sorts for her to be far from the bonfires when they are truly the closest thing she has to comfort. "I've been… thinking," she replies, looking down at the ground before meeting Ipomoea's eyes. There are billions of grains of sand beneath her, so what makes any one of them special?

"I feel like I have more of a purpose. I don't really know how to explain it," Morr admits, feeling a bit silly for saying so. She's already the Night Court Regent and a mother to Maeve, so shouldn't she feel happy? Fulfilled? She does, but she can't help but notice a nagging feeling too like there could be more.

"Speaking."
credits
credits

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Ipomoea - 11-06-2020, 02:11 AM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Morrighan - 11-14-2020, 12:26 AM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Ipomoea - 11-24-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Morrighan - 11-28-2020, 10:36 PM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Ipomoea - 11-30-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Morrighan - 12-06-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Ipomoea - 12-10-2020, 04:33 PM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Morrighan - 12-13-2020, 08:02 PM