Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - catching cinders with our teeth (fire)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

we're climbing until we transcend
higher, higher to where the skies end

As Morr listens to Po speak, she can't help but feel exposed. The last time she had spoken from deeper within herself, it had been with Tenebrae on Veneror Peak. It felt more private there, like it was just the two of them. While it still is just her and Po, it feels more open here. Almost as if her voice could be carried along on the breeze and to the ears of someone else. It's what makes her a little thankful for Po whispering so that they can still try to make this conversation their own.

What he says does resonate within her too. The more she lets this feeling come to life, the more that it makes sense. She could see herself becoming a leader and then leading the Night Court into a different direction. Things had become quiet, even with the event here in Delumine. They could do all they want with other Courts, but if they didn't repair things within their own home, nothing would improve.

It takes a while for her to speak as she takes everything in. Every word he speaks is true and Morr knows if she doesn't take action, she may lose her chance and regret it later. There is a lump in her throat and for once, she is scared. She can't get herself to say these words out loud though.

"You're right," she finally says, her voice also a whisper. If Po hadn't been close to her, it might've gotten lost among the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. "I guess I know what I need to do." In the distance, she thinks she can hear Maeve's laugh. Truly, that's what keeps her going.

For now, Morrighan stays in this moment with a friend and the light ocean breeze against her skin. It's peaceful despite her fear and maybe just what she needs. She turns to him and offers a smile. It's not something she does often, but she trusts him. "Do you want to take a walk? Maybe you can tell me more or we can just talk about whatever." It's an awkward ask, but she's not ready to go home yet and face everything. She won't put it off, but for now she doesn't want to lose herself too much in her thoughts.

"Speaking."
credits
credits

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Ipomoea - 11-06-2020, 02:11 AM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Morrighan - 11-14-2020, 12:26 AM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Ipomoea - 11-24-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Morrighan - 11-28-2020, 10:36 PM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Ipomoea - 11-30-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Morrighan - 12-06-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Ipomoea - 12-10-2020, 04:33 PM
RE: catching cinders with our teeth (fire) - by Morrighan - 12-13-2020, 08:02 PM