Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I'm a deer caught in headlights

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

There was something distinctly morbid about the library. It smelled of rotting bodies, as if someone had killed a million children and hid them in the floorboards. The dust caught in her nostrils and it made her sneeze, an unladylike sneeze that could not be replicated even if she tried. It started at her hooves and traveled through her body, expelling through her lips with a loud and roaring noise that seemed to echo through empty halls.

Maybe it was just the part of the library that she found herself in that was so unwelcoming. Then again, she didn’t mind the fact that there weren’t any other souls to bother her with their “woe is me” shit. She didn’t have time nor the desire to be someone’s therapist today. She was on a mission and she would not stop until she succeeded.

Stepping beneath a low-canging cobweb, Sloane meandered the rows and rows of books that looked to be thousands of years old. How they were still in their original binding was a mystery to the dark mare, a mystery she also had no desire to solve. She didn’t care if the books were new or old, falling apart or new and pristine. All she cared about was finding the book she sought. Nothing else really mattered.

And there it was. Wrapped up in dust and spider webs was an old book that contained knowledge of potions and poisons, spells and scriptures. A grin, an ominous grin, spread across her lips as she feasted her eyes on the black binding. Puckering her lips together, she blew a fast and targeted stream of air on the book, blowing off most of the dust and webs (after all, that shit would NOT be touching her lips when she reached for the book) off the binding. Sinking her teeth into the book, she pulled it from its place on the shelves, carrying it down the edge of the isle to a table with a single lamp that illuminated the immediate 2ft radius.

Once the book slammed down on the table, she nudged it open, using her magic to slowly flit through the pages, looking for something. Growing frustrated by her inability to find it, she grumbled beneath her breath, her tail flagging lightly against her rump and her hoof scraping the concrete in agitation. "Where the fuck is it?" She scanned the page before turning to the next one. Didn’t anyone put in a table of contents? How was she supposed to find what she was looking for? This was stupid.

Messages In This Thread
I'm a deer caught in headlights - by Sloane - 11-08-2020, 08:30 AM
RE: I'm a deer caught in headlights - by Willfur - 12-02-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: I'm a deer caught in headlights - by Sloane - 12-06-2020, 12:26 PM
RE: I'm a deer caught in headlights - by Willfur - 12-08-2020, 05:19 PM
RE: I'm a deer caught in headlights - by Sloane - 12-24-2020, 12:03 PM
RE: I'm a deer caught in headlights - by Willfur - 01-08-2021, 12:58 PM
RE: I'm a deer caught in headlights - by Sloane - 01-09-2021, 06:47 PM