Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Deliver to: Ipomoea. Dawn Court. Delumine

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Whatever she expected when she awakes in the morning, it is not the owl that appears at her window, letter tied to it with practiced precision that could only be from one individual. Elli clamors beside her wanting to read it as they settle for breakfast. Azrael is with them today, Elena casts a smile his way before reading. She holds another smile and only begins to write in return when Azrael takes Elli out to play with the sword Nic made her.

Dearest Po,

That offers me great comfort. I am afraid my days of receiving autumn leaves is beginning to come an end as she has taken a turn for the worst. Though, no matter how weak she is, I still receive a leaf. I believe I should have enough to fill a forest.

Oh, Elliana was wishing to attend. I hope to see you when we go. Perhaps we may meet near the forest? I have something I wish to ask of you. We will be hosting a Tulip Festival here and I hope you can spare your duties if but for a moment to come and enjoy the spring flowers. There is truly nothing like it, I promise you.

Terrors, Po? What dreams are you having, what haunts you? My grandmother, as ancient as she is, told me dreams are often where life’s greatest adventures and horrors that do not fit in our world go. It comes when we sleep because only then can our minds fully open to the possibilities. Be it good or bad. I am sending along a remedy: Dream Dust. It is something I have been working on. It has Chamomile Flower, Schisandra Berry, and root extracts from some of Terrastella’s local plants. Take it before you sleep at night, and try to clear your head. I have tried it with Elli, but she says the taste is far too bitter, like rotting leaves.

Elli has already taken a look at the seeds. She is eager to plant them. In truth, I hope we do not need them, that come the warm air of spring these nightmares will subside. It is difficult to see you child in pain. Your girls, if you don’t mind me asking, having they shown a talent for any gifts?

Did I ever tell you about the time my cousin, Lilli, and I put flowers in everyone (and I mean everyone’s) hair? We spent the entire day braiding them into their hair, even our most stoic cousin, Alvaro, wore a crown of roses that day. We paraded the entirety of the ancient valley for no one but ourselves. Then, when we finished, we floated the flowers upon the lake. I watched until every last flower sunk out of sight. I like to imagine a garden grows still down there, built upon the laughter of the day, our happiness brighter than sunshine.

Your turn. Tell me a happy memory.

Sunflowers,

Elena

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Ipomoea

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deliver to: Ipomoea. Dawn Court. Delumine - by Ipomoea - 11-24-2020, 01:03 AM
RE: Deliver to: Ipomoea. Dawn Court. Delumine - by Elena - 11-28-2020, 11:19 PM
RE: Deliver to: Ipomoea. Dawn Court. Delumine - by Ipomoea - 11-30-2020, 11:12 PM