Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Festival] Once upon a time...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

Elena notices her weariness. Meira pauses and studies her, wondering just how in tune with others this mare is. She wonders how much Elena is like Sebastien, if they are anything alike at all. Perhaps it is that she is just good at reading others, or perhaps she too is a mage. Meira peers at her, a soft frown forming on her features. The weariness that Elena asks about is not a topic she wishes to discuss. How is she to tell a stranger of her doubts about her belonging in Delumine? How she longs to return to her once-home in Solterra? How she is a monster waiting for her chance to return to the sea? Meira thinks as she peers at the woman, the soft frown etched carefully on her lips. "The world is a tiring thing." She answers, deflecting the real reason for her weariness.

The world is heavy, and it is because of him. 

Meira cannot tell a stranger about him. Nor the world she belongs to, or the doubts she currently finds herself running from. Elena speaks up that she is Terrastella's Champion of Community. That she is a healer by trade, or at least she tries to be. The earth-bound maiden finds herself to be more understanding of the warmth thrust upon her by a stranger. Given Elena's title, it makes sense why she approaches others in such a way. The insidious notes of doubt are not missed by Meira. They are too familiar to her to miss. "You try to be? Isn't being a healer one of those, you are or are not professions?" She asks, hoping that Elena will not notice her glaring ignorance to such matters. 

She is the opposite of Elena. She is the one who gives those like Elena work. "I'm a soldier in Delumine. As for what I enjoy? The thrill of battle mostly. The sea. Most of all Solis I think... and you?" She is trying her best to reciprocate her companion's conversational skills. She hopes Elena will ignore the fact that Meira ignored the poignant statement Elena has made about being an excellent listener.

@Elena
Thank you for your patience with me getting a reply up so late<3

Messages In This Thread
[Festival] Once upon a time... - by Meira - 11-10-2020, 08:13 PM
RE: [Festival] Once upon a time... - by Elena - 11-15-2020, 10:38 AM
RE: [Festival] Once upon a time... - by Meira - 11-30-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: [Festival] Once upon a time... - by Elena - 12-11-2020, 12:06 PM
RE: [Festival] Once upon a time... - by Meira - 12-24-2020, 12:04 AM
RE: [Festival] Once upon a time... - by Elena - 01-25-2021, 08:55 PM
RE: [Festival] Once upon a time... - by Meira - 02-15-2021, 03:19 PM