Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - god is she

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 25
Signos: 77
Vagabond Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 28 — Atk: 32 — Exp: 53  |    Active Magic: Energy Transference  |    Bonded: Fylax (Gryphon)

You can't Hide from Who You Are, the Light peels back the Dark
I leave the island behind, with all its bones and teeth and deadly things. I leave the island behind, with its spiralling city and breathing walls and empty shops. My skin is painted with blood, which is dried to deep, deep red. I feel like a feral thing, I feel like a thing from my past come back to life.

I do not go to anywhere familiar. I walk, and I walk, and I walk. I follow the sea and listen to her sing and feel her kiss my feet, until the ground rises up and away from the ocean. Until the wind whistles in my ears and the seagulls cries become nothing more than a distant keening over the water. I can hear the waves crashing against the base of the cliffs. The air here is damp with ocean spray.

At once I am both one with the wild world around me, and nothing at all. I am a forge from which weapons are molded, a reserve from which energy is drunk. I am the doorway to greatness, and death. The grass under my hooves lives because I let it. The seagulls sing because I let them. I could just as easily make the seagulls sing louder.

I am the perfect weapon that my gods designed me to be. I am the perfect partner in war, the worst enemy.

The sea calls for me. The waves crash like a war drum. I do not stop until I am standing atop the tallest cliff, with the wind pulling on my hair like a petulant lover, like an impatient child. The ribbons in my hair flutter like banners of blood, the teeth about my neck bounce off each other and make an almost jubilant tinkling sound.

For too long I have forgotten my stripes—like a tiger’s. I am meant to be a predator. I was never meant for walls lit by magical flames and moons that judge every step I make. I was not meant for the humanity I found in Rezar. Perhaps that is why they had taken it from me.

“Speaking.”

| @Elena oop trying first for her

[Image: 13716916_Rc8f5hGvZkB3cYP.png]
a war is calling
the tides are turned

Messages In This Thread
god is she - by Antiope - 11-16-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: god is she - by Elena - 12-08-2020, 09:37 AM
RE: god is she - by Antiope - 12-11-2020, 05:09 PM
RE: god is she - by Elena - 12-23-2020, 03:56 PM