Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - god is she

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

elena

I've hidden memories in boxes inside my head before. Sometimes it's the only way to deal with things.

“Lilli, I found a way, a way to bring them back. It’s ancient magic, but it will work.” She had said those words so long ago, before turning around to leave Beqanna, knowing she would never come back because she met a shadow on her way out and the way it stuck to her, against her skin told her if she returned he would kill her.

She didn't want to die.

And she left, to find magic that didn't work, that took pieces from her that she didn't want taken.

Some how, all of it, all of this, it lead her to Novus and to such a different life than the Champion has ever imagined her life becoming. It has hurt her and brought her so much joy. She holds her bruised heart in that soft mouth of hers.

Elena paces this empty oceanside with the intense focus of a fox trying to catch a grasshopper. The crash of the waves is familiar now, but she swears she can hear different pitches in each of the waves as it lands against the shore. Music, melody, tempo. It was singing a song to her. (‘As it does to all women.’ She can hear the deep voice of Torix.) Her ears pin backwards at the sound of him, it is not in hatred, but because he says these big, true, wild things, and she finds herself wanting to claw at him, open his chest wide and force him to take it all back.

He once asked her, what the most monstrous thing she ever did was. Her answer has changed, and if he asked again, it would not be the same as what she said before.

And suddenly the beach is not so empty anymore. It is no longer hers, but theirs. Elena watches the painted woman with glacial blue eyes, though they harbor no only the warmth of summer skies as a rush of gratitude for this stranger exhales through her. She did not realize how much she did not want to be alone until presented with the opportunity for someone else to be with her. Her steps are steady, open, as she approaches. She does not attempt to conceal herself, but makes her presence all too known. ‘Don’t go,’ she wants to say before she has a chance to even think it, but Elena bites her lip against. She says instead: “I don’t know if you are seeking company, but I would love some.”

« r » | @Antiope

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
god is she - by Antiope - 11-16-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: god is she - by Elena - 12-08-2020, 09:37 AM
RE: god is she - by Antiope - 12-11-2020, 05:09 PM
RE: god is she - by Elena - 12-23-2020, 03:56 PM