Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and i'm just a dead man walking tonight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

The night markets are busy, a place of bustling commerce even during the twilight hours that Cicatrix likes to roam during. The daylight is too bright, shining on them and creating a beacon of them at times that many eyes turn toward. Dusk and night are times where they like to settle and reveal themselves, if only because it means less staring, less words whispered about them all around them as if they cannot hear them. The twilight hours reveal many equines roaming between the stalls, and while Cicatrix attempts to keep themselves small . . . it's impossibly hard to hide an ethereal frame as tall as theirs, standing high above the rest without ever meaning it.

There are many that stop and stare as Cicatrix attempts to keep their head down low, curiously pausing at one stall, and then the next. From leather to edible goods to even beautiful jewelry, Cica is entirely entranced by them all. Namely by the glittering jewels that rest in pendants, hanging from delicate chains and shimmering in a way that echoes the stars above. Perhaps some day, they may purchase one, and they glance upward, seeing the nervous look of the merchant, before gingerly shying away with a soft apology. It startles the merchant to hear such a soft tone, stammering over apologies to Cica, but by then, they already have drawn away with a soft flick of their long tail, holding it enough that the hair drags along the ground just barely.

So they walk among the denizens, shyly attempting to not bump into others, and that's when they manage to come across a small colt. Cicatrix lifts their head a little, the cloak falling more over their features as the golden light of their halo encompasses both them and the colt in front of them. They mean to circle around them and apologize and be on their way, but it's shocking to hear someone speaking to them. A staggered breath is taken, and a soft laugh as they see the candies that the young one is eating. "No. Are they good? I haven't had sweets in a very long time." As Cicatrix speaks, their gilded teeth shimmer, and the smallest trickle of blue seeps between them, dripping downward and leaving a tiny shimmering puddle near their golden hooves.

@Kibou

Messages In This Thread
RE: and i'm just a dead man walking tonight - by Cicatrix - 12-08-2020, 06:17 PM