Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Among the monsters, I am well hidden

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

A S P A R A

Little Elliana made me wary, at least at first. It was probably just because we were on the island, and I was rightfully on edge. I had almost died here twice, to my knowledge, and it would not surprise me to learn there had been instances where I was just steps away from death and completely oblivious to it. The island could be cunning, and crafty, and most certainly nefarious. I knew I could not trust it, and as an extension I could not trust anyone I met here.

But it was really hard to remain suspicious of a little girl. 

You learned their magic,” she said, and I smiled to myself at the awe in her voice. “I think I was born with it,” I said plainly, with a shrug. I had just been lucky. Gifted, I guess, but not like my parents or my sister. My magic would never help me in battle, it would never break chains- or, rather, turn them to stalks of gently braided wheat. I knew I shouldn’t want more than what I had, but that’s unfortunately who I was. I wanted.

Oh, I don’t sing for strangers.” Actually I wouldn’t sing for anyone except my sister. (Avesta was the only exception for many little patterns of mine, not just that one.) Sometimes I could be caught humming, if I was at work on a task that required deep focus- it steadied that particular part of my mind which was prone to wander if left to its own devices. But as a general rule, I did not sing.

She sings better than me, anyway,” I had the strange feeling the statue was blushing. This was of course nonsense, as she was made of white stone. Most feelings are nonsense anyway- it’s what makes them feelings. My magic brushed against the mare’s neck. “Did you recognize her song? I’ve never heard anything like it before.” I peered at the filly from behind my long lashes, strangely grateful for the chunk of stone between us. I suppose she reminded me a little of myself, running around on her own and asking strange questions to people she had never met. “I’m Aspara,” I said eventually. “Is this your first time here?

AMONG THE MONSTERS, I AM WELL HIDDEN;
WHO LOOKS FOR A LEAF IN THE FOREST?
art
@Elliana <3

Messages In This Thread
Among the monsters, I am well hidden - by Aspara - 12-11-2020, 08:54 PM
RE: Among the monsters, I am well hidden - by Aspara - 12-27-2020, 05:05 PM