Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The time has come.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Wubs [PM] Posts: 8 — Threads: 3
Signos: 250
Inactive Character

oh my Dearest
they will eat you alive

”But this is yours.” The young mare said in the light of the rising sun, her skin darkened a shade by hues of pink and dusk.

“And now it is yours. To protect you.” Her mother said simply, making the clasp fasten around her delicately curved neck. Dearest’s heart seemed ready to burst, beating against its cage of bones.

“Thank you.” She said simply back, but there was more meaning to this exchange than either were willing to admit just yet.

The amulet sat heavy. It’s weight on her chest was constant, steady. She would be lost without the small reminder in the form of obsidian and gold. He steps forward, closer, making his way to the unmoving statue. Were things changing? She asked herself, as grasses and flowers dipped and swayed and tickled at her legs. But it was a fleeting thought, as if she was not yet ready to allow such things into her reality. Her mind was too occupied with her mother and as he touched carved skin, she touched as well but not the same thing. Her black lips dipped in, pressing to the surface of the necklace sitting against her skin. Her eyes never left the stranger though. They stayed trained on his form, like deep pools of melted gold, not much different from his gilded tips or the jewelry she herself wears.

Once again, compliments roll from his lips. It is hard not to admire his sincere nature. She was not sure how he could seem boyish and wise at the same time. She was learning, however, not to judge things by their cover in Novus. He seemed innocent, watching her from under his lashes with slight childlike curiosity and tilt to his head, but that rumble in his voice suggested that he was anything but. He admitted he wasn’t a guide, and brief disappointment stained the curve of her mouth, but it disappeared quickly as he continued, explaining. Dearest found herself enjoying the low tone, allowing herself to relax more in his presence. She considered all he had said, having stayed quiet and only observing, before she gave a small shrug.

“You know, for not being a guide, you sure gave me quite a bit of information. It’s... not easy coming to a new place. Being alone. I wouldn’t say I’m pleased by the island playing games with my emotions, but I'm certainly not upset either. Things will always do what's in their nature, and that seems to be the nature of this place. I'm just not sure what I’m supposed to do with a rock.”

Perhaps she had rambled again. She studied him, to see if her words had made sense, trying to judge his expression only to end up shrugging again. Dearest wasn’t use to being unsure of herself. Perhaps it was her mother throwing her off, staring up into the sun. But perhaps it was this creature, all horns and vines but soft enough to be open with her.

“I do hope you find what you are looking for.” She admitted softly, “But if I may be so bold, you can still move forward even with an eye on the past. It’s what my mother wanted for me. Perhaps it could be what yours wanted too?”

Messages In This Thread
The time has come. - by Dearest - 12-17-2020, 09:25 PM
RE: The time has come. - by Leonidas - 12-18-2020, 10:33 AM
RE: The time has come. - by Dearest - 12-18-2020, 03:13 PM
RE: The time has come. - by Leonidas - 12-27-2020, 01:05 PM
RE: The time has come. - by Dearest - 12-28-2020, 06:16 PM