Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the new blooms

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Atlas

I've been singing to the tune of / a worn down symphony,

She pauses before him, a needle’s breadth, with silver hair falling over her eyes. He sees the color rushing to her cheeks and can feel his own reddening with a burning heat. From past experiences-- and from Nashira telling him so-- he knows his blush turns his skin a freckly orange shade. It is not attractive.

There was a moment of pause as their eye-contact stretched out long between them. The spell was broken when she shifted in a giggle. All at once, Atlas jumped back, tripping over his own damn feet and sliding on the mossy cobblestones. A stream of apologies rolled from his mouth like bubbles from a bottle-- weak, each one unintelligible from the next. He ended up in some goofy position with his front legs crossed, half bent over, looking like a newborn fawn on a frozen pond.

Her laughter was like the lightest music, a child’s innocent plunking on a piano’s keys, and though he was certain he ended up looking a fool, Atlas felt warmed. And still she laughed, as he corrected his limbs and checked behind him to make sure no one else had seen his fool self. By the time her giggles had subsided, she herself had moved away.

“I apologize for the intrusion, and for startling you,” Atlas said, in a hurry, still flustered and feeling a bit bad. Though he was pretty sure he was the least intimidating figure in all the land. “I was preoccupied with my thoughts, it seems.” He paused to listen to her speak, ears perked forward. Her accent struck him as impeccably formal and he was reminded, for all the world, of speaking to his mother.

“My name is Atlas,” he said, dipping his head, “and I have come to learn. I find Delumine to be the best place for it in all of Novus.” He tilted his head, worried for a moment that he had broken a rule, or crossed a line. “Am I… in trouble?” At once he was certain he was not speaking to his mother. With Sadrehsan, there was never a question of how hot the water was.

@Maerys ! "Speech."

Messages In This Thread
the new blooms - by Maerys - 12-29-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: the new blooms - by Atlas - 01-01-2021, 06:46 PM
RE: the new blooms - by Maerys - 01-03-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: the new blooms - by Atlas - 01-05-2021, 10:54 PM